48

We were back on the road again.

 Daryl and I kinda drifted apart, but we still take shifts in taking care of Willow. As time went on, while we traveled, we decided that we would take Noah to his hometown. 

It was a journey. 

Daryl finally opened up to me, one night. 

"It was my fault," He admitted, we were on watch, making sure nothing happened to our family, "Beth dying, and Hershel dying. If I had just kept looking for the Governor, maybe none of this would have happened." 

"Daryl, it isn't your fault. Is this why you've been drifting away from me?" I asked as I put my hand on his arm.

"I don't want to lose you too," He said as he looked down, and he had tears in his eyes, they were dropping onto his hands. 

"You won't lose me," I said as I wrapped my arms around him, "But I'm afraid I'm losing you, to your own guilt. I can't lose you, neither can Willow." 

"I'll try, for you and Willow," He said as he turned to me, and wrapped his arms around me in return. 

When my dad, Glenn, Michonne, Tyreese, and Noah went to Noah's hometown, they put Daryl in charge of making sure everyone stayed safe. 

The entire time they were gone, I kept getting a sick feeling in my stomach, as if something bad happened...

When my dad and the group came back, and told us that Tyreese was bitten, and they had to kill him, I knew my gut was right. 

We buried him and had a funeral. The entire funeral, I was under Daryl's arm, crying, with Willow in my arms. 

And then just like that, we were on the road again. 

It was hard. 

We ran out of gas, and then we had to walk. We had to eat dog meat, and then we took shelter in a barn. 

Daryl stayed up all night, and it seemed like it might've been a good idea, because walkers attacked, and everyone had to help keep the barn doors shut. 

We stayed like that for what felt like forever. 

I stayed near Daryl the entire night, and held Willow when I finally went to sleep. 

I woke up when Daryl moved my head onto his lap, I looked up at him, and he was stroking my hair. 

"Your head was layin on the ground, didn't look comfortable," He said as continued to stroke my hair, and within minutes, I was asleep again. 

I didn't wake up until Sasha and Maggie came back with Aaron. I kept my gun trained on him as he walked in. 

Daryl checked outside, and I just kept my gun pointed at his chest, as Willow was propped on my hip. 

"We met him outside, he's by himself," Maggie explained to us, as she looked at us, "We took his weapons and we took his gear." 

Daryl then frisked him, roughly. And then Tara shut the barn doors and locked them. 

"Hi," Aaron said and Judith burst out crying, so Carl took her from my dad, "It's nice to meet you." 

And when he went to move forward, we all moved toward him, and he stopped, his hands still up. 

"You said he had a weapon?" My dad asked and I looked at Maggie. 

Maggie then brought it to my dad. My dad checked it, and then put it in his waistband. 

"There something you need?" My dad asked him, and I lowered my gun, finally. 

"He had a camp nearby," Sasha explained and I looked at her, "He wants us to audition for membership."