32

I was sitting in one of the cells with Willow when Daryl walked in, I had just changed out of my outfit from the day before~

"Do you want Merle around Willow?" He asked and I looked up at him. 

"Daryl, I went over the decision for hours, and I finally decided," I said and he looked at me, "Yes, he's her Uncle." 

"Okay, let Hershel go talk to him, first, then you can," Daryl said as he bent down and kissed both Willow and me on our foreheads. 

I waited for Hershel to get done talking to Merle, and when he was, Carl cautiously opened the cell door. 

"If he's a problem, just yell, sis," Carl said and I looked down at him. 

"I know how to handle myself," I said as I walked over to Merle. 

Merle looked up as I approached him. 

"This Willow Anne?" He asked as he looked at Willow, who was awake and in my arms. 

"Yes, and she's come to see her Uncle Merle," I said as I sat down next to him. 

"Why?" He asked while looking between Willow and me. I knew he was really asking why I decided to let him meet her. 

"Because you're family now," I said, as I looked at him, "And because you're important to Daryl." 

Merle looked at me and smiled a little bit. 

"You know, you and Willow here, were the main reasons he came back," He said as he used his real hand to caress Willow's cheek. 

"So he told you about everything?" I asked and he scoffed. 

"No, just that he had you and Willow to look after and he regretted coming with me," Merle said as he looked down at Willow, "Hell, I would regret leaving this cutie behind too." 

"Do, uh, do you want to hold her?" I asked and he looked a little skeptical at first, but eventually, let me put her in his arms. 

After a little while later, I left with Willow and went back to the cellblock. 

"You let him hold Willow?" My dad asked as he walked up to me. 

"Yes, that is Daryl's brother, making her Willow's uncle," I said as I glared at my dad, "And that makes him my family too, now." 

"Fine, but be careful, okay?" My dad said as he kissed my temple and stroked Willow's head. 

"I will, Dad," I replied and then he walked off. 

And of course, later on Maggie came in and told us that Andrea was there. 

I took Willow into the cellblock and put her in her box, she was asleep, so it was okay. I was made to stay inside, by both Daryl and my dad.

We waited for her to be brought in by everyone. 

When she was brought in, she and Carol hugged.