49

We made it to Route 16, and we all had our weapons out. 

"Eyes open, everybody. Weapons up." We followed Glenn's orders and pointed our weapons out in front of us, "You see someone coming at us, you fire." 

"Copy that," Abraham said, walking a little behind us. 

"So if we see someone, we just shoot them?" Michonne asked Glenn, and I sighed. 

"It's a good question," Maggie said, as she looked around. 

"What if they're someone like us?" Michonne asked and the question lingered in my mind, "What if Aaron is telling the truth? What if they're someone who has nothing to do with this?" 

"We're six people walking with guns," Glenn said, stating the obvious, "No one's coming up to say hello." 

"But that's exactly what happened," Michonne said, referring to Aaron just coming up and saying hello. 

"If it's someone like us, we should be afraid of them," Glenn said, and it made sense, "He said he was watching us, right? It means he saw us yesterday. And after everything we've done, why would he want us to join his group?" 

"People like us saved a priest," Michonne said, and I was looking over into the woods, "Saved a girl who rolled up to the prison with the Governor. Saved a crazy lady with a sword. He saw that." 

I don't know what he saw," Glenn said and we continued walking. 

We stayed walking until we saw the vehicles, an RV and a car. They were blocked by debris in the road. 

"He was telling the truth," Michonne said as she looked at Glenn. 

We then walked to them. 

And as we were, we heard rustling, but it was just a walker. 

And Abraham and Rosita handled them. 

I stood watch outside as Rosita and Abraham checked the RV. 

We then went back to the barn. 

And then we told my dad that Aaron was telling the truth. 

I was outside, keeping watch because I didn't really want to deal with my dad interrogating an honest man. 

When I walked in, Michonne had just finished talking. I had heard what she said before I walked in. 

"Dad, we do need this," I said and he turned and looked at me. 

"Yeah, we're going," My dad decided and I smiled.

And then my dad looked at Aaron. 

"So, where are we going? Where's your camp?" My dad asked him. 

"Well, every time I've done this, I've been behind the wheel driving the recruits back," Aaron explained, "I believe you're good people. I've bet my life on it. I'm just not ready to bet my friends' lived just yet." 

"You're not driving," Michonne said as she walked over to him, "So if you want to get home, you'll have to tell us how." 

"Go north on Route 16," Aaron said as he looked at my dad, who had a map out. 

"And then?" Michonne asked, as she looked down at Aaron. 

"I'll tell you when we get there," Aaron said as he looked up at her. 

"We'll take 23 north. You'll give us directions from there," My dad said as he looked over to Aaron. 

And then Aaron told us that 23 was a bad idea, but my dad insisted on it. And we would be leaving at sundown.

And before we knew it, everything went to shit for my dad, Glenn, Michonne, and Aaron, but everyone in the RV were okay. 

We ended up with Eric, the friend of Aarons. 

And Daryl was outside keeping watch, and when he banged on the door, that was the signal that they were there. I ran outside first, and then Carl, we went and hugged our dad. 

We left for Alexandria the next morning.