Chapter One: That Night

(A/N: I spent a week trying to figure out how to write this the way that I wanted it, so here you go.)

You had been friends with Steven Universe for about a month now, and it was as normal as it could possibly be, what with supernatural alien rocks popping up at every turn.

 You two had met at a Sadie Killer And the Suspects concert a year ago, and it had been fate to become friends. 

You and Steven were hanging out on the couch with Amethyst at his house, watching some show that Ronaldo had recommended.

The two guys were just shouting and beating each other up.

"Yeah! Body slam him, purple mask dude!" Amethyst shouted at the TV. When said action occurred, she whooped. "Yeah!" She cheered. 

"What is this even about?" You asked Steven. He chuckled. "I'm not really sure. There's so many battle scenes, I can't really focus on the plot."

Amethyst snorted. "Finally, somebody kicked that guy in the n—"

The warp pad sounded, the blue beams of light catching your eye immediately. There stood a pink gem you had never seen before.

"Spinel!" Steven said with a surprised smile on his face. He got up and walked towards her. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I just...wanted to visit you!" The gem said with a smile. "And plus, the Diamonds are all busy with who-knows-what. And I don't really feel comfortable talking to any other gems yet, so..."

"Oh, alright!" He replied. Then, he looked over at you. "Oh, Y/N! This is Spinel." Steven said, walking over to you. "Spinel, this is Y/N." He added, motioning towards you. 

"Hey." You said, waving. 

"Hi." She replied with a small smile.

 Shortly after that, she joined you guys in your TV session.

"Steven, why are these guys fighting each other?" Spinel asked him. "Ugh, who cares? It's a cartoon. It's not supposed to make sense." Amethyst butted in. Spinel made an odd expression. 

You were getting a bit bored of...whatever this was that Ronaldo recommended, so you put your attention on the mysterious new gem.

She seemed to be on the fence about this show too, because she was just looking around the room. Suddenly, you guys made eye contact, and it was awkward. 

You broke the eye contact first, to her disappointment, seeing her slump her shoulders in the corner of your eye. You sighed. 

"What's up, Y/N?" Steven asked, turning towards you. "Nothing. It's just getting a little late." You replied, rubbing your eyes. 

"You wanna go home for the night?" He offered. You nodded, getting up from the couch.

"Aw, already? We just started watching this! It's at a good part!" Amethyst complained.

"Oh, wait, don't tell me. It's the part where they fight." You joked. Steven chuckled. "Night, Y/N!" He called to you as you neared the door.

"Night, Steven!" You called back, shutting the door behind you to go home.

(A/N: Sorry this is so short, but I was just testing to see if anybody would like this. I'll continue if people do.)