Epilogue

Ben and Erica were peacefully laying in bed. It was the middle of the night and outside, every once in awhile lightning struck and thunder followed it's lead soon after. The storm started just a few minutes ago but already the rain was restlessly pouring down making the visibility outside awfull.

Even though Erica was tired she couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard she tried. The storm outside reminded her of the day she almost lost Ben for the second time. She remembered the day perfectly almost like it happened yesterday. 

She looked outside the window and fiddled with the necklace Ben gave her. Over the years this action has become a way for her to feel safe and it almost comforted her when she remembered that the person who gave this will always be with her and will always believe in her. She couldn't help but smile at her thoughts, so she slowly turned to be able to look at her sleeping husband next to her.

A few years have gone by since Ben finally got out of the hospital. After rehabilitation, the CIA came to him and offered him a job position allowing him to take a crash course in spy school and finally graduate. Ben didn't think twice and said yes. With Ericas help and tutoring he was able to call himself an official spy in less than a year.  

After graduating though, he actually proposed to Erica. He was so nervous on that day, not quite being himself but once the moment came to ask the big question he changed back to his normal self and without hesitation, she said yes. Now both of them are Mr. and Mrs. Hale, Ben taking Erica's surname, saying that the Hale name and legacy shouldn't end here.

Erica was lost in her memories but snaped out of them once a small, quiet voice spoke up. "Mom, dad, I'm scared."

"Kaitie, no need to be scared. Nothing bad will happen." Erica looked at her daughter who was standing by the door in her pajamas and was nervously tugging at the hem of her shirt with both of her hands in front of her.

"But...but..." Before the little girl could find the best words to describe how she feels, the sound of the loudest thunder tonight shook the whole room, making the scared child scream at the top of her lungs. "Ahhh!"

The little girl ran to the bed and climbed on it. She went under the covers and crawled to the head of the bed, in between both of her parents. Quickly she hugged her mother and tightly closed her eyes scared to see any more lightning outside.

"I'm here, I'm right here." Erica hugged Katie back and held her close. "You will be alright there is nothing to be scared of."

"I don't like the sound," Katie said after she heard thunder outside again.

"Do you think the sound can do something to you?"

"Well... no... but I still don't like it!" The girl said not once looking up at her mother.

Erica lightly laughed at her daughter's reply and kissed the top of her head. "Where is your brother?"

"He stayed in our room. When I asked if he wants to come with me, Max said that only cowards are scared of lightning and he is not a coward so he doesn't need anyone to comfort him."

"Sounds like him alright," Ben spoke up with a sleepy voice, startling both of the girls that were next to him. Unlike Erica, he was able to fall asleep as soon as he laid down, though after his daughter's big scream he was woken up. Now he looked at Erica and in a sarcastic voice asked, "I just don't have any idea from who my son got the idea that he always has to be brave. Do you, my dear?"

All that he got in response to his question, was a painful punch to his shoulder, that sent a painful sensation all down his arm. "Ouch! Alright, alright. I get it. I better not say anything else about the matter."