Chapter 18

Ashley's POV:

The guys left a little while later and Mom, Dad, and the kids came back. Ashton was pretty much quiet the entire time and that made me really worried. The nurse came a few minutes ago and did the usual and said that I could leave tomorrow morning.

"What's up with Ashton? He's awfully quiet." Mom asked as Ashton got up to go to the restroom as he said.

"I don't know, Mom. But, he was looking at Nolan and I earlier." I said, I saw Nolan looking at me with worry written on his face.

"He probably knows, he's not stupid." Dale said, god he's so blunt. Nolan glared at him and he threw his hands up in surrender.

"I speak the truth and nothing but the truth." He said, Nolan rolled his eyes and turned back to me.

"So what if he does know? You guys aren't together, are you?" Nathan asked, we all looked at him and he just gave us a smirk. Nolan hangs out in our house way too often.

"Well yeah they aren't dating.....yet. But, Ashton would kill Nolan if he discovers that he likes Ashley. You know how Ashton is when it comes to Ashley, he goes all beast mode." Mom said, I sighed and leaned back. Why does my twin have to be so protective?

"What about that new girl? The one that Ashton's interested in, he has to give us some ease if he's in a relationship because then we can guilt trip him saying that he's in a relationship and all and that we were totally happy for him, but then he can't for us." Nolan elaborated, hey that was what I was thinking of earlier, but before I could open my mouth to speak Dad beat me to it.

"Nolan! That's genius, you have got to play matchmaker." He exclaimed, why are my parents such teenagers? I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why are you guys so keen on helping us?" I asked 

"Because I've been shipping you since Nolan walked in our house." Dad said, I flushed and covered my face with my hands.

"Yeah, and even though I was more on Matt's side, sorry about that Nolan, you guys are still super cute together." Mom said, I heard Nolan chuckle and that made me even more embarrassed.

Why can't my family be normal?

Because that would be boring, that's why. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Well we're leaving now, but we'll be back tomorrow. Are you sure you're good to stay, Ashton?" Mom asked, he smiled and nodded his head.

"Of course, Mom. She's my baby sister, she needs me. She won't be able to sleep without me." He said which made me roll my eyes.

"Okay then, we'll be back tomorrow morning and then we'll head. That sound good to you, pumpkin?" Dad asked, I smiled and nodded my head.

"Yeah, sounds perfect." I said, he returned the smile and walked towards me and kissed me on the forehead.

"I love you, pumpkin. We'll see you tomorrow." He said, I smiled and wrapped my arms around him.

"I love you too, Dad." I said in his ear, he wrapped his arms around me as well and kissed my hair. We pulled away and it was Mom's turn to hug me, she smiled wrapping her arms around me.

"Please don't let go of Nolan, I can tell that he's gonna make you really happy. Despite his player ways, he's a great kid." She whispered in my ear, I smiled and rubbed her back. We pulled away and Nathan and Dale also went to give me hugs.

"Alright, we're going now. Nolan? Aren't you gonna say goodbye to Ashley?" Mom asked giving me a sly smirk, but also making sure that Ashton wouldn't notice it.

"Yeah, of course I am." He said, he walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me, I wrapped my arms around him and inhaled his scent. He planted a kiss on my neck which also made me gasp, but I held it in. He chuckled quietly and whispered in my ear;

"I'm so going to take you on a date when you get out of this place." My eyes widened and I just shot a small smile at Ashton when he gave me a confused look. Nolan pulled away from me and gave me a smile. I returned the smile and he turned around.

"See you tomorrow, Le Le." He said, he and the rest of my family walked out leaving me with Ashton.

"So are you tired?" He asked, I pursed my lips and shook my head.

"Not really, but I do want to sleep." I said, he chuckled and shook his head.

"You're so weird." He said, I let out a fake gasp and placed my hand on my chest.

"Omg, thank you so much." I said wiping a fake tears away with my other hand. He rolled his eyes and went to sit down on the chair beside my bed.

"So, tell me about the new girl." I said, his cheeks flushed a light shade of pink.

"You so like her already." I teased, he stuck out his tongue at me and I just laughed.

"What's her name?" I asked him 

"Her name's Paisley Stephens, she moved from like 3 towns over." He said

"Cute name, so how'd you come to know her?" He smiled as if he was reminiscing about it, I'm right, he already likes this girl a lot.

"She's in my English class and as well as Music, she has a really beautiful voice, and she's really beautiful." He's so whipped.

*cough* "Whipped" *cough* He glared at me and I just laughed again.

"I'd love to meet her, you have to introduce me." I said, he smiled and nodded his head.

"Of course, I always need your approval first before I date any girl. Same goes to you, it's our code remember?" He said, I chuckled and nodded my head.

"How can I forget? You always remind me." I said

"It's getting pretty late, Ash. You should get some rest." He said, I nodded my head and he stood up fixing my pillow and blankets.

"Why don't you sleep next to me?" I suggested, he raised an eyebrow and I just looked at him.

"What?" I asked 

"Wouldn't that hurt you?" He asked, I shook my head and scooted over to the side and patted the space beside me. He smiled and gently got in beside me and I wrapped my arms around his torso. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I sighed in content.

"Ashton?" 

"Yeh?"

"What would you do if I date one of your friends?" What? I just had to ask him! 

"Well it would depend on who it is. If it's Nolan, hell no. That guy's a player and there's no way in hell that he's ever gonna get in your pants." He said, I gulped and let out a little chuckle.

"Well it's a good thing that I'm not interested in any of your friends then." I said 

"Thank God." He said

"I'm gonna get some shut eye, goodnight sis. I love you." He said

"I love you too, Ashton." I said, I sighed and started to pray to God about Nolan and I's lives.

Cuz we're definitely screwed. 

**************************

You like? I'm really sorry for slow updates, I'm really blanking out. I don't know else what there is to this storyyyy. I'm a bad writer, ugh! Just, please don't kill me if this book turns out super bad, I tried my best! I just hope that you liked this chapter and that you won't stop supporting me because I'm a lonely ass girl with no friends whatsoever. Love ya! 

Word count: 1308