Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

KELSEY'S P.O.V

"Mates, this is Kelsey." Liam told them.

All four of them smiled warmly, when Zayn stepped forward, and embraced me. Oh my god I had been waiting years for this. When he let go, he said, "Liam hasn't stopped talking about you."

Liam turned beat red and stared at the floor.

"Nice to meet you, Zayn." I told him.

"I never told you my name...." he said. Oh crap.

"I...uuhhh..." I can't believe this. Since I was 14, I had replayed this conversation in my head millions of times; I thought it'd go perfect, and now I was blowing it.

Zayn smirked, "I'm just kidding. Liam told me you were a fan."

Thank god.

I find that I couldn't say anything. Why not? I think I was more in shock than anything, but this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I decided to make the best of it.

Harry came and gave me a hug, kissed me on the cheek, and smiled. Oh god that cheeky grin was killing me. With Louis being my 'favorite' and all, I never really noticed how good looking Harry was. I could definitely date him, I thought to myself.

Next in line was Niall. I found that I could finally speak again, so I held out my arms and told him, "I've been waiting for a 'Horan hug' for years."

Niall laughed and embraced me. It was amazing. His warm arms wrapped around my waist, and his head was resting on my shoulders. I don't know what made it so special, but it was.

Apparently saving the best for last, Louis came over and hugged me without saying a word. He then backed up and said, "Good to finally meet you." His smile made me melt.

I couldn't believe it. My biggest dream in life had finally come true, and I felt fine. I thought by now I'd be fan-girling or hysterically crying. Instead, I was probably just smiling like a moron.

I expected us to go out to lunch, or talk for a while, but then Niall screamed, "DODGEBALL!" and they started running down the hallway. I was confused as ever, but I went along.

We took a corner, and entered a large gym. On each side were large windows, for people to watch I guess. In the middle of the room was a line splitting it in half. That's when I finally figured out what it was. There was a dodge ball court in there house. How much better can it get?

"Okay, 3 on 3." Liam said. We split the teams up: Niall, Zayn, and Louis, against Liam, Harry and I.

Minutes must feel like seconds in there, because 2 hours flew by. By the end, our team had won 15 games, but theirs had only won 12.

The rest of the day was a blur, but pure fun. Pizza, foosball, air-hockey, nerf; I felt like I was 10 again.

By the end of the day, all of us were heading home. Liam and I got into his car, and as soon as we did, I told him, "We are definitely doing that again."

Liam beamed, "So you liked your surprise?"

As if it wasn't obvious, I yelled, "Like it? I loved it! Do you know how long I have been dreaming of that?" I asked him.

That's when I remembered something, "Hey, they didn't say anything about your scar." I pointed out. His scar was doing better, but it was still there, always reminding me of the accident. The doctor said it would probably never go away.

Liam's smile faded, "when you were in the coma, I visited them and told them what was going on. I needed someone to talk to, you know. I went to the flat and cried like a baby. After that, they knew how much you meant to me, so they wanted to meet you."

They wanted to meet me.

I thought. It was always the other way around. Of course, I wanted to meet them more, but they actually wanted to meet me. This day couldn't get any better.

As we walked into the apartment, I grabbed the mail out of the mailbox by my door. Flipping through it, I noticed something of Liam's.

"Did you already change your address?" I asked him.

"No, I think I'm just gonna keep it the same, too much of a hassle, you know? Why?" he asked.

"You got a letter from the hospital," I advised him, "probably the bill or something."

"I already paid it," he informed me, "and how did they know I lived here?" he asked.

I handed him the letter, and he ripped it open. Pulling out the paper, he skimmed it. His eyes bigger and bigger, and then he sat down on the couch.

"What is it?" I asked him. I was worried.

He handed me the letter without saying a word. It was from the hospital.

Dear Liam,

I hate to do this, but I had to. You wouldn't believe me, so I had to prove it to you. I just thought you could trust me, but apparently not. Enclosed with this letter is the documents and proof of the test, and the bill, which I am asking you to pay, since this measure has only been taken because of you. I am so sorry love. Xx

Love,

Danielle xx

Behind the letter, was the bill, and then behind that, were a few papers folded together. A bunch of information covered the papers, and then at the end, it read.

Father : Liam Payne

It was a paternity test for Danielle's baby.

And it proved that Liam was, indeed, the father.

** Uh oh! So Liam was lying! Or...was he? And btw, you're welcome for incorperating the rest of the boys.

~AmandaStyles