Chapter 20

KELSEY'S P.O.V

~2 months later~

2 months.

2 miserable months I had spent going from school to the hospital. It was like a vicious cycle that never seemed to end. An hour before school started and the minute it ended, i was at the hospital.

I had gotten used to sleeping 3 hours a night, all between waking up every half hour, making sure Liam was still breathing.

Somehow, i managed to still do well in school. My grades stayed high, and i was always focused in class. I guess i was just lucky i was learning about something i truly loved.

I hadn't slept in my bed for 2 months.

In fact, the only time i spent at my apartment was for an hour before school, showering and getting ready.

But it wasnt the lack of sleep, the boredom, or even spending all day in the hospital that bothered me.

Every single day, I'd be by Liam's bedside. I'd hold his hand and tell him how much I loved him. Every day I'd tell him stories about the memories we shared. Trust me, there were a lot for only spending about a week and a half together. Whenever the boys were sleeping, I'd sneak Liam a kiss. I'd stare at his beautiful face. The scar was still there. The stitches were out, and it had began to heal, but it was still just as noticeable. It interrupted all the amazing features of his face. Maybe i thought that the longer i stared at him, the quicker he would open his eyes.

People visited all the time, too. Charlotte came by whenever she could, and supported me. It was nice to know i had a girlfriends shoulder to cry on. Unfortunately, Danielle stopped by occasionally, too. She was always obnoxious and planting wet smooches on Liam's face. One time, I almost saw Liam move his face in disgust. Maybe it was just my imagination.

The lads and I would find ways to entertain ourselves. There's only so long that you can do puzzles and watch soap operas. We even had a giant stack on board games in the corner of the room, at least 100 of them. We've played each of them multiple times. All the dares in the book have been used and all the questions have been asked from Truth or Dare. We've gotten to the point where we find ourselves playing I-spy for hourse on end.

Every day, they'd do the test to see if he could breathe on his own. Every time, he would fail. He wouldn't even try. It was like he wanted to die. I would tell him all the time that i loved and forgived him.

One day, after only getting about an hour of sleep in 3 days, i lost it. I couldn't take it anymore. I needed Liam. I needed him to greet me with his usual, "Good morning beautiful." I wanted so badly to have our late-night talks about everything and anything. Most of all, i just wanted to be able to stare into his eyes again.

I stood up from my chair i was attempting to sleep on, and ran up to his bed. Grabbing Liam's hand, i spoke loud so that Liam could hear me.

"Stop playing games with us Liam. We know you can breathe, so why won't you? You're putting all of us through this hell. Do you know how long it's been since all of us have slept a full night? We can't even remember the last time we truly smiled. Stop being so fucking selfish Liam! I know it's because of me," giving up on pep-talking him, i said, "and I'm sorry Liam. I am truly sorry. I know how you felt when i was in that coma, and why we rushed into our relationship. I wouldn't change  bit of it. I should've let you explain, and I know you didn't want to kiss Danielle. I know you love me. And i love you too. More than you'll ever know Liam. I've liked you since i was 14, but i never knew i could love someone as much as i love you. I've learned that i can't live without you, and i want it more than ever to spend the rest of my life with you, Liam. I couldn't imagine spending it with anyone else." That's when the tears started. Helplessly crying, i spit out, "You're my everything Liam. All I'm asking is for you to wake up. Just wake the fuck up!" I screamed.

That's when i reached for the cord that was supplying him with oxygen, keeping him alive, and pulled it out of the machine. The whole room started beeping like crazy, and all four of the mated ran up to me. Louis grabbed me by the shoulders, shook me, and screamed, "Are you fucking mad?! You've probably killed him!"

The doctor ran in and started yelling out random things. They tried hooking him back up, but it didn't work. They began wheeling Liam away.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Again, i found myself in the waitng room.

The same place i was 2 months ago.

And again, it was all my fault.

Before they took him in, I heard the doctors saying it was too late.

The boys weren't talking to me.

After a few hours, the doctor came out, staring at the ground.

"You may want to come see him." he said blankly.

This was it. This was gonna be our good-byes.

I would never look into those eyes again.

We would never walk down to the coffee shop, hand in hand, ever again.

And it was all because of me.

Walking into the room, the first thing that i set my eyes on was Liam. He wasn't hooked up to any machines, just in his bed. The only movement was the slow, constant rise of his chest.

He was breathing on his own.

Looks like my speech worked.

I couldn't hold in the tears.

And for the first time in weeks, they were happy tears.

**AAAH! You're welcome to the people who were worried about Liam dying.

~AmandaStyles<3