Chapter 27

**3 1/2 YEARS LATER**

KELSEY'S P.O.V

That morning, I woke up to the same view as I always do; to Liam either awake, waiting for me to wake up, or still sound asleep. It was such a waste buying that bed for the guest room, he's never slept in it. Today, he was still asleep when I woke up. Shaking him awake, I couldn't wait any longer; today was going to be an amazing day. I would be spending the morning with all of my bestfriends: Harry, Louis, Niall, Zayn, all of their girlfriends, Charlotte, and, of course, Liam. In the afternon would be my graduation from the University of Kingston, where I'd be recieving salutatorian, behind Charlotte, who'd be recieving validictorian. To top it all off, i'd be going out for dinner with all of them and my parents. I'm still surprised i slept the entire night with all the excitement.

Liam wouldn't get up; he put his pillow over his head to muffle out the noise. Growing impatient, i began jumping on the bed and yelling at him. Obviously knowing i wasn't going to stop, he gave in and groped his way out of bed.

I wanted to get ready fast; i didn't want to waste a second of the excitement. Since i had already picked out an outfit the previous night, i had time for a quick shower. I wanted to make sure i looked nice, even though i'd be changing before the graduation ceremony, anyways.

For the morning, since it was slowly changing into summer, i chose to wear a pink tank-top with lace in the back. Underneath, i wore tan shorts and a pair of strappy sandals. Casual, yet cute; it was perfect. Blow-drying my hair, i left it down with my loose, natural waves, since i'd be curling it after, anyways.

When i got out of the bathroom, i noticed Liam cooking something in the kitchen. I went up behind him and put my arms around his waist, asking him, "I thought we were going out?"

He probably smiled, but I couldn't tell, since he was facing the stove. "Naaah, I wanted to cook you something special."

I laughed, "What's so special?" I asked before popping a strawberry in my mouth from the Edible Arrangements sitting on the counter; My parents had sent me one for recieving salutatorian.

Liam ignored me while he flipped the pancake in the air, just missing the ceiling, as it landed perfectly in the bottom of the pan. It was just like the first morning he stayed in my apartment. Realizing that he had done that on purpose, i grinned to myself. He did the corniest, romantic things that just made my heart flutter.

We sat down across from each other, and barely even ate; we were too busy talking. We had been dating for four years, yet we never got bored with each other. There was always something to talk about, always a reason to smile.

Once we were done, we began to walk to where we decided to meet. You guessed it, the coffee-shop. Lots of great, and unfortunately not-so-great, memories there. As usual, everyone else was there before us.

We all exchanged hugs, which took quite a while to get around to everybody. All of the rest of the guys had great girlfriends, too. Zayn had found a nice girl, Callie, while in America on tour. She was tall and had curly hair, and was very sweet. Niall had met his girlfriend, Gina, while she was visiting in Ireland. She had the same color hair as me and dark eyes. Louis and Brianna had just began dating a few weeks ago, after meeting in America. She had curly hair like Callie. Harry had met his girlfriend, Amanda, while she was studying in England for a year.

After saying hi to everyone, we talked about what we wanted to do. Everyone had different ideas, but we settled on walking around the city for a little while, and then going to grab some lunch. I walked along with the girls, Callie, Gina, Bri, Charlotte and Amanda, and shopped with them. A day can't be perfect without a bit of shopping. It's also just nice to have a lot of girlfriends to talk to.

They always say time flies when you're having fun, and boy is that right. After what seems ike only an hour, it was already time to grab lunch quickly. Coincidentally, we stopped at the same Italian restaurant that i really got to know Liam in. The time with all of them just whipped by, because before i knew it, i was getting ready for graduation. Charlotte came to my apartment to get ready with me. For graduation, i had picked out a fitted, dark blue dress that went a bit above my knees. It was sleevesless, with the exception of a thin strap on the left. Charlotte curled my hair and put it in a half updo.

I found myslef shaking as Liam drove the half of a mile to the college. It wasn't graduating that made me nervous, but that i had to read a speech, since i'm salutatorian, in front of about a thousand people.

When i got there, i immediately saw everyone in the audience: My mom, my dad, Harry, Amanda, Louis, Brianna, Niall, Gina, Zayn, Callie, and of course Liam. The entire time, i would keep eye-contact with Liam, just to make myself feel better. After what seems like a few seconds, they were already calling my name to read my speech.

I had practiced this speech dozens, if not hundreds, of times. I clutched onto my flashcards that were violently shakng in my hand. I was afriad that my voice would do the same. Instead of staring at the hundreds upon hundreds of poeple staring at me in the audience, i stared at Liam. He's always so easy to talk to, so why not now?

I found that the words were flowing so easily, and all my fear disappeared, "When i graduated High School 4 years ago, i never expected to recieve Salutatorian of my class. Again, i am stunned that i was able to do it again. The whole time i was here, i was never going for any award. My goal was always just to strive for the best I could do. These 4 years flew by, and so many memories were shared here..."

I began to go through the list of highlights throughout the 4 years. I was nearing the end of my speech, when i would thank everyone for their support.

"I'd just like to thank a few people for their constant support," holding up my plaque, i continued, "this wouldn't have my name on it if it weren't for them. First off, i'd like to dedicate this towards my parents, who have watched me grow up, and taught me how to spell my name and my ABC's. Next, to my good friend, Charlotte, who has been my friend here ever since my first night in London," I smiled back at Charlotte. I smiled before i said the last part, "but especially, i'd like to thank my boyfriend, Liam." I looked straight at him and said, " I know it wasn't easy having to listen to me complain about all my schoolwork. And i'm sure it wasn't very fun to help me study all the time, but you were so supportive through it all. I don't think i've ever thanked you for that..." Smiling, and holding up my plaque, i finished with, " I had an amazing experience at The University of Kingston, and made some memories that will last a lifetime."

I was pretty pleased with how i did. Charlotte high-fived me before she went up and read her speech. After all the diplomas, the ceremony was finally over. My parents ran up and hugged me tight. It made me so happy that i made them proud. Behind them, were a couple that i didn't recognize. A few distinct features stood out to me. The woman's vibrant eyes. The man's dark hair. Put them together, and you'd get Jake. They were Jake's parents....

Almost as if it was instinct, i ran into their arms. I had grown as close to them as i was to Jake;i felt ashamed that i hadn't recognized them at first. The hugged me back, and told me how proud they were of me. They also said Jake would be proud.

I thought that i'd break down, but i didn't. Instead of being all sad when i hear his name, i smile. I'm done feeling bad for myself. I began to practice thinking of all the happy memories we shared, instead of that horrific picture that won't leave my mind. I don't cry because it's over, I smile because it happened.

After saying goodbye to all my friends, all of us, including Jake's parents, got into the limo that my parents generously rented, and headed to dinner.

********I Didn't want to make this chapter too long, so i decided to make dinner and the rest of the night a speprate chapter. THIS IS NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT THE END OF THE STORY!!!!!!

Yes, all of One Direction's gf's are inspired by my friends and I. You're welcome

~AMandaStylesss<3