eight {Arya's POV}

"I am... inevitable." 

As Thanos snapped his fingers, I woke up with a start, letting out a troubled gasp. "Hey, hey, it's okay. You're okay," Peter's voice brought me back to reality. I was on the plane on my way to Venice. I was next to Peter, not Brad. Thank God.

"I'm fine," I muttered, rubbing my eyes to get rid of the sleep. Wait. Sleep? "Was I asleep?" 

"Yeah," Peter confirmed.

I noticed the sun had come up outside. "For how long?" 

Peter checked his phone. "About five hours." 

I blinked slowly. "Huh," I breathed. "Are we there yet?" 

"No, almost. We're landing in half an hour," he said. "How are you feeling?" 

"Okay, I think. Less tired," I muttered. 

"That's good," he said with a smile. 

We spent the next 30 minutes going over our plans for the trip until the plane's wheels hit the ground of the airport in Venice. I collected my backpack and drank an entire bottle of cold water to fully wake up. 

We exited the plane and I stayed close to Peter the whole time. We found Skye and Ned with our class. "Hey, guys," I greeted them.

"Hey," Skye said with a smile. "Saw you switched with Mr Harrington." 

I nodded. "Yeah, I did." 

"Good. I don't like that Brad. He gives me the creeps," she said, tossing her ponytail over her shoulder. 

"Let's not talk about Brad, okay?" I said quickly. "We're in Venice, and I don't want to spend my time-"

"Hey, babe, can you hold this for me, please?" Betty Brant came up to Ned. My eyes widened in confusion.

"Yeah, of course," Ned answered. 

"Thanks," Betty cooed, kissing his cheek. She pulled back and Ned booped her nose, making her smile. She walked off and I turned to Peter. His eyebrows were knitted together as he tried to figure out the situation that had enveloped in front of us. I was still trying to decide whether it had actually happened or not. 

"What was that?" Skye asked, being the first to find her voice again.

"Oh, well, we actually go to talking on the plane and turns out we have a lot in common," Ned answered plainly. "So we're boyfriend and girlfriend now." 

"How does that happen on an eight-hour flight?" I asked. 

"And what happened to being an American bachelor in Europe?" Peter asked. 

"Peter, those were the words of a boy. And that boy met a woman. A very strong and powerful woman. And now, that boy is a man," Ned explained. 

"Babe?" Betty called. 

"Coming, babe," Ned answered, sending us a smile before chasing after his new girlfriend. 

"Skye, if we ever start doing that, please stop me," I told my red-headed friend. She giggled. 

"Sure, if you do the same for me." She patted my shoulder and I chuckled. 

Peter took my hand, saying, "Let's get going. They're probably waiting for us."

We picked up our suitcases from the baggage claim and ventured out to find the rest of our group. As we pass the security guards, the German shepherd who accompanied them sprang forward, sniffing Peter's navy blue suitcase. 

A woman in a deep green suit motioned him over and he glanced at us weirdly. "Go ahead, I'll be there in a minute," he said and we nodded, walking along through the airport of Venice.