nine {Third Person POV}

"I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. I hate this," Arya rambled while clinging to Peter's arm. 

"Ry, it's okay. They're not gonna hurt you," he replied, struggling not to laugh at his girlfriend's ridiculous behaviour. 

"But they're evil! Look at them," she said, motioning to the hordes of pigeons on the San Marco Square. 

"You'll be fine. Come on," he said, stepping forward. Arya let go of his arm as she refused to move. "Ry, you're being ridiculous."

"Don't laugh at me," she pouted, crossing her arms. 

Peter rolled his eyes, laughing, before walking into the pigeons. A few flew up and settled down on his arms. "See? They're harmless!" he called out to her. 

Arya glared at him before taking a few steps forward. A man in a white and green blouse bumped into her shoulder. She muttered a quick, "Scusi," before walking over to Peter. "Don't you dare put one on me. I'll fry it," she warned him, pointing her index finger at him. 

"You're fine, trust me." He took her wrist and held out her arm. Moving her body as far away as possible, Arya allowed him to put one pigeon on her arm. It looked at her with one eye as it stayed at a safe distance from her face. Peter quickly fetched his phone and snapped a picture that he then saved as his lock screen, proudly showing it to his girlfriend. 

"I hate you," she commented, shaking her arm to get the bird to fly off. 

Brad Davis came over. "Arya, can I talk to you for a second?" he asked softly, crossing his arms. 

She pressed her teeth together. "Sure," she muttered, eyeing Peter. He nodded and took a couple of steps back before walking off. She turned to Brad, wrapping her arms around herself. 

"I just want to say sorry for what happened on the plane, I didn't mean to upset you," he said. 

"What did you mean to do, if I may ask?" she questioned softly. 

"I guess I was curious and I didn't think about your feelings. I'm really sorry." 

"It's fine. Don't do it again," she warned. 

"I won't, I promise," he said, his smile returning. 

"Thank you." She nodded once before walking off. 

She looked around the square, trying to find her boyfriend's head of brown curls. But she couldn't find it. With a frown, she turned around, spotting Skye standing with Ned and Betty. 

She walked over. "Hey, guys. Have you seen Peter?" she asked them. 

"No, we haven't. But hear this, Ned and Betty are going on one of those Gondola rides, we have to join them," Skye said excitedly. 

"Thanks, but I'm okay. I just want to find Peter," Arya said, a slightly anxious tone lacing her words. Her breathing quickened as she continued to look for him.

"I'm sure he's fine. Come on, let's have some fun without boyfriends," Skye said, hooking her arm through Arya's, who was quick to pull back. 

"No, you don't get it. I have to find him," she stated, her voice cracking once. 

Skye's face softened. "Okay," she said, softly placing a hand on Arya's upper arm. "We'll go look for him. Just calm your breathing." 

Arya closed her eyes, inhaling and exhaling deeply. Skye said goodbye to Ned and Betty, wishing them a good time in the Gondola. As they walked off, Arya muttered, "Last time I lost him, he was gone for five years." 

"I know," Skye cooed softly, engulfing her best friend in a tight hug. "Let's go find him." 

The two walked through the narrow alleys of Venice until they reached the Great Canal. As they approached a side alley, Arya spotted Peter's checkered flannel. "There he is. Peter!" Skye called.