𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞.

"Well..." Dutch sighed, speechless a few moments after Audrey left the room. Everyone was quiet, no one knew what to say. Micah still had that stupid smirk on his face which caught a glare from Arthur. "I guess we take her to her home."

"No, Colm's boys will be circling her house like sharks," John spoke out, owning a nod of agreement from Hosea. "We can't just let her go back and let this all happen to her again."

"So what do you suggest?" Dutch asked him with an arched brow. "We keep her locked up here and put ourselves at risk?" Dutch sighed, resting his head in his hands. 

"We could just kill her, then it'd be all over," Micah suggested, Arthur shaking his head at the man. He should've expected Micah to say that. "What's wrong cowpoke? You gone soft?" Micah sneered.

"No one is killing nobody, right Dutch?" Arthur asked Dutch which Dutch nodded in approval. Arthur shot a look back at Micah before pointing towards the front door. "Why don't you go find somebody else to annoy? The poor girl doesn't need you around here," Arthur hissed. Micah chuckled but obeyed, walking past Arthur and John and leaving the building. 

"I say we bring her back to camp," Hosea suggested. Dutch looked at his friend, Hosea continuing. "Then we'll know she is safe at all times. Like John said, we can't just let her go out there." Dutch sighed, Arthur knew he didn't want anyone else joining the gang, it was hard enough travelling with a big group and they only just had Mrs Adler and Mr Duffy join them. Would Audrey even want to join? She is too innocent for this. Hosea picked up on Dutch's hesitation. "Dutch, she's a girl who needs help. Let her stay for a while, once this whole thing with the O'Driscolls is over she can go home," Hosea convinced. 

"I suppose. Although I think it's best she stays here for one more night just to give her some space," Dutch finally agreed. He looked over at John. "You think you can stay here?"

"John has a boy to look after," Hosea stopped John from saying anything. John frowned as he looked at Hosea. 

"I'm sure Abigail will be just fine-"

"Fine then. Arthur, would you mind?" Dutch asked, cutting off John. John sighed, annoyed with the two older men. Hosea had been getting into John's ear lately about helping Abigail with Jack, Dutch also but not as extreme as Hosea. 

"I've got it," Arthur nodded at Dutch, earning a smile from the leader. The front door opened, revealing Tilly Jackson holding a large cardboard box, Charles standing behind her. 

"Miss Jackson," Dutch greeted the lady. Tilly smiled at them all, turning to Charles and asking him to wait for her. He nodded, walking in as he followed Tilly. Charles joined Arthur and John as Tilly approached Dutch. 

"I got some things for Audrey," Tilly explained. She shot Arthur a look which he nodded in appreciation at her. "Pearson also donated some canned food," Tilly reached in the box and pulled out a can of beans. Dutch chuckled as he reached out to take the box before pausing. "Actually, why don't you go take it in to her? I'm sure she would love to meet you," Dutch asked Tilly with a small smile. Tilly looked over in the direction of Audrey's room and heard her muffled sobs. She frowned, turning back to Dutch.

"Would that be a good idea?" Tilly asked, slightly nervous about Audrey. Dutch nodded, ushering her towards the room.

"Of course! Just talk to her, introduce yourself and I guess be nice," Dutch informed as he hurried her towards Audrey's room. Tilly was unable to say more before Dutch opened the door for her, allowing Tilly to walk in. 

Audrey looked up to see a stranger walk into her room. She wiped her puffy, red eyes before quickly standing up from her bed. The door closed behind the girl, the girl gave her a kind smile. Audrey chuckled as Tilly placed the box down on the small table across the room.

"Sorry," Audrey apologised. Tilly looked over at her as she placed the box down.

"Oh don't be sorry! I'm Tilly," the woman introduced herself. Audrey was shocked by the woman's kindness, she had only just met her. "My friends, Karen and Mary-Beth, they really want to meet you," Tilly announced with a smile.

"I'd love to meet them," Audrey agreed, her eyes locking onto the box. Tilly noticed her looking at the box and motioned to it with a hand. 

"All the stuff you asked for. Some clothes, a book to read and a book to write in. You're a lot like Mary-Beth," Tilly grinned, picking up the book from the box. "She likes to read and write as well. You two would get along." Tilly walked over to Audrey and handed her the book. Audrey scanned the cover to see it was a Shakespeare book. "I hope it's one you haven't read."

"No, I haven't read this one yet," Audrey answered, looking up at Tilly. "Thank you for doing all this for me," she thanked. Tilly beamed, shaking it off with a wave of a hand. 

"Oh it's nothing, just want to make you feel comfortable. I wanted to get the list done as quickly as possible so you wouldn't be bored out of your mind," Tilly laughed. Audrey grinned, appreciating her generosity. "There's also some canned food from our camp cook, Mister Pearson," Tilly announced. The woman clasped her hands in front of her happily. 

"That's very kind of him," Audrey smiled. She couldn't help but still have the heavy weight of sadness in her stomach even after all these kind acts. Tilly could tell Audrey was still upset.

"Whatever you're going through, I hope you'll be okay," Tilly gave her a hopeful look. "Life can be hard, I worry everyday but you just have to look for the positives. Like being alive, that's something good. I'm worried that my past will catch up to me one day but I'm not going to let it define me, you shouldn't either," Tilly reached out for Audrey's hand. Audrey kindly gave Tilly her hand and Tilly squeezed it in reassurance. "You'll be okay, I can tell," Tilly nodded at her. Audrey was taken back by Tilly's wise words. Tilly is right, she shouldn't let what Colm and his men did to her ruin her. It'll take time to heal but she knew she would get there.

"Thank you," Audrey thanked Tilly. Tilly nodded at her before letting go of Audrey's hand and leaving the room, closing the door behind her. Audrey headed over to the book, looking in. Along with the book by Shakespeare was a beautiful burgundy leather book with copper trimming along with a pencil. It wasn't her beloved quill that was at home but at least she was able to write again. Beside the journal was a smaller box with the canned food, ranging from beans to fruits. She removed the box and placed it down on the table and looked back in the book to see a clean set of clothes. She noticed a white blouse with a navy blue skirt along with a pink shawl. She grinned as she picked up the shawl, it was beautiful even if it was just pink. Pink is her favourite colour. Immediately she changed into the clean set of clothes feeling refreshed. After she changed she pulled her hair back into a low bun, keeping her hair out of her face. She opened her door, forgetting about what had happened just before but saw that everyone had left but Arthur. He looked over at her, surprised to see she had come out.

"How are you?" He asked, he looked concerned. Audrey nodded slowly, trying to find the strength in herself to speak.

"I'll be okay," she assured him. 

"You don't want to go home?" Arthur asked. Audrey shook her head, she knew if she went back home it would put her parents in danger. 

"Not yet, I don't think it's the best idea," Audrey chuckled. Arthur nodded in agreement.

"That what we all thought too. Dutch was thinking you should stay with us for awhile, until all of this is done," Arthur explained. Audrey didn't like the idea of living amongst outlaws but she did it for the last few months and these people weren't bad compared to the O'Driscolls. None of them had even laid a hand on her. "It's for the best."

"Okay," Audrey answered, agreeing to staying with them. 

"I'll take you in tomorrow," Arthur announced with a nod. Audrey smiled as she watched him sit down on the small couch further away from the table. 

"Would you like some food?" Audrey asked him. Arthur looked over the couch at her, laughing.

"Is this how we're gonna bond? By food?" Arthur chuckled. Audrey grinned. "I'm fine thank you. You should eat though," Arthur suggested. Audrey nodded, she figured she wouldn't eat all the cans anyway so if Arthur wanted to help himself to it later he could, it was the least she could do for him.