𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞.

"Hey," Karen's voice greeted Audrey. Audrey looked up at the woman from writing in her journal, Karen held out a letter to her. "I was doing the mail run and you got something," the blonde woman informed. Audrey thanked her as she took the letter from Karen before Karen headed off again. Audrey looked down at the enveloped, sealed with a fancy stamp. This was defiantly something important. Carefully prying open the envelope, Audrey managed to open the envelope without ripping it or the letter inside. Her fingers fumbled as she grabbed the letter, quickly unfolding it as excitement began to flood her. 

𝒯𝑜 𝑀𝒾𝓈𝓈 𝒜𝓊𝒹𝓇𝑒𝓎 𝒟𝒶𝓋𝒾𝓈.

𝐼, 𝒟𝑜𝓊𝑔𝓁𝒶𝓈 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝓃𝑜𝓁𝓁𝓎, 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓇𝑒𝓆𝓊𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝒻𝒻𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓅𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒾𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑔. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒹𝒹𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝒸𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝓊𝒷𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝑜. 𝐼 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃. 𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓈 𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒷𝑒 𝒾𝓃𝒸𝓇𝑒𝒹𝒾𝒷𝓁𝓎 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓅𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝓈𝑜. 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝒻𝒻𝒾𝒸𝑒, 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓈 𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝓎 𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝑜𝒻𝒻𝒾𝒸𝑒.

𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝐻𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒢𝒶𝓏𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒, 𝒟𝑜𝓊𝑔𝓁𝒶𝓈 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝓃𝑜𝓁𝓁𝓎.

Audrey's jaw dropped once she reached the end of the letter. Was this her dream coming true? Was everything finally falling together for her? She was in denial, what if this letter was fake and Karen was tricking her? But the stamp... it was real. This was real, Douglas Connolly had approved of her writing. Well, that's what Audrey was hoping. Her heart sank as she realised that the letter didn't reassure her of a job. What if he was inviting her just to laugh in her face? Maybe he is the type of man to share his thoughts in person. Audrey had so many doubts that questioned the situation but somehow she found herself walking blindly towards Arthur who was talking to Charles. 

Charles greeted Audrey with a nod before leaving the two of them to talk, briefly finishing the conversation him and Arthur were sharing. 

"I got a response, Arthur," Audrey grinned, her pride beaming. Arthur looked at her in amazement. "He wants to meet me again. Isn't this great?" Audrey announced the news to Arthur. He nodded, his eyes gleaming with joy. 

"Wow, Audrey. This is amazing!" Arthur breathed, finally finding words. Audrey nodded quickly, her hands clasping together in front of her. 

"I want you to come with me, to Saint Denis," Audrey declared. "I know you don't like cities but none of this would be happening right now if it wasn't for you," Audrey explained herself. Arthur took her hand in his.

"Of course, just for you," he chuckled. Audrey grinned before her jaw dropped again. Arthur frowned at her sudden reaction.

"I have to get ready!" She gasped. Arthur chuckled as she ripped her hand out of his and hurried off to go get ready and look presentable. She quickly stopped and turned around to him. "I won't be long!" She reassured. Arthur nodded, though Audrey could see he was doubting that.