𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧.

"Ay, the lady of the great city of Saint Denis," An irish accent rang out. Audrey froze in horror. Why was there an O'Driscoll in the camp? Finding the courage, she looked up from the table she was cleaning to see a very Irish looking man standing before her with a bottle in his hand. A genuine smile sprawled across his face. "Looks like ya seen a ghost!" He noticed. Audrey forced a smile, feeling foolish for being so afraid of the man. "I'm Sean, I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting yet."

"You're drinking already?" Audrey observed. Sean chuckled and nodded. 

"We all drink whenever, it's a bloody good life!" He chuckled, raising his bottle up playfully like her was cheering to the sky before taking a drink. "What's a lady like you doing house chores anyway?" Sean questioned, resting a hand on the table as he supported his weight.

"I want to help out," Audrey lied. She'd rather be reading or writing but Susan informed her that she must earn her keep. She didn't understand why that occurred to her since she was only staying temporary but she knew best than to argue with her after seeing her drag Tilly by the ear before. 

"More like old crown Grimshaw got ya doin' work!" Sean immediately announced. Audrey was surprised by his guess being accurate. She didn't strike him as being the smart type. "Bloody hell, this should be a damn holiday for ya, not some hard labour."

"I've worked before, it isn't a big deal," Audrey chuckled with slight unease. He was making a big deal out of something that didn't really need attention. Audrey liked keeping herself busy, it saved her from waiting for a letter of response, if she even will get one. Sean took a smooth step closer to her, he reeked of alcohol. Audrey could tell this wasn't his first bottle that was in his hand.

"A lady as pretty as a flower and as delicate as a jewel shouldn't be doing such work! A lady like you should be married to a hard working man like me-"

"Sean, it's the other way around," a voice sounded from behind her. She looked over her shoulder to see Javier standing there with his arms folded across his chest. He approached the two of them. "As pretty as a jewel and as delicate as a flower, flowers are more delicate, tonto borracho," the mexican muttered as he joined Audrey. He pointed towards the camp fire. "I suggest you go sit over there and leave the poor lady alone," he warned Sean. Sean laughed at Javier. 

"Who do ya think ya are talking to me like that?" Sean questioned him, his words slurring. Javier took a step closer.

"An amigo of yours who doesn't put up with shit," Javier hissed, Audrey felt her eyebrows raise in shock. She wasn't use to hearing people talk like this to each other. However, Sean obeyed and headed off, stumbling away like the drunk he was. Javier sighed, his sigh catching the attention of Audrey as she watched him sit down. She stared at him in annoyance, she hadn't finished cleaning the table. "He's a good man when he's not drunk," Javier explained. Audrey rolled her eyes as she picked up the cloth and continued to scrub the table. 

"I'll believe that when I see it," Audrey muttered. "He's just about as charming as a stray dog," Audrey joked, Javier chuckling lightly at her humour.

"He'll grow on you," Javier defended Sean. "I rescued him from some men a few days ago, just before Arthur found you," Javier informed. "Sometimes I wonder if we should've done that."

"Of course you should've!" Audrey looked at him in shock. Javier held his hands up in defence. "He's your friend!"

"Don't take it to heart, princesa. I was joking," Javier cleared up. Audrey immediately felt like an idiot. Her face fell which Javier noticed. "You'll start to understand our humour soon," Javier nodded. Audrey shuffled over to him, ushering him to lean away from the table so she could clean it. He laughed as he leaned back away from the table, quickly cleaning the spot he was sitting at. Audrey could feel his eyes watching her every move and scanning her body. She quickly moved away, pretending she didn't notice him watching her.