Chapter 65

As Terry approached Candy, he became more clear to her, while the outside world had turned into a blur. He was there after all, in flesh and bones. He was also quite beaten up. Worry and surprise in equal measure were mirrored inside the liquid emerald eyes of hers. She jumped up from her seat. She could hardly breath.

If they had fought...

If Christian was harmed...

"What are you doing here?" Her eyes kept going back and forth, looking at Terry and the carriage door, waiting still.

Perhaps now...

She realised by the minute, Terry didn't seem like he was expecting company. Christian wasn't coming.

"Christian? Where is he?" She turned to him.

....

"What happened to you?" 

....

"What have you done with Christian, Terry?"

....

His silence felt like the quiet before the storm. The more she saw the darkness descent inside his gaze, examined with more care the cuts and the bruises on his face, the stitches on his brow-

"Oh! God!!" She cried. 

She felt like throwing up.

The colour from her face drained. Her body trembled.

Terry hadn't expected a welcome reception from Candy, nor open arms and tears of joy, but to see her so wound up over Christian's absence, not to mention her reaction that was verging to hysteric; insinuating something far worse and sinister, cut him deep to his soul.

He caught her by her arm and made a conscious effort to keep calm and not just drag her out from the dining area, in full view of everyone being there. Already people had started to throw curious glances at them.

"Darling, you're just tired. It's better if you lied down. Christian unfortunately was held back." His voice came through gritted teeth and was courteous, cold like the first wind of winter.

He picked up her suitcase and took hold of her hand, squeezed it so tight, she feared she would hear the bones crack. He led the way and she followed, while keeping her captive.

Was he seeking revenge? 

Was he to punish her for her insistence of not wanting to hurt Christian?

Her heart was beating so fast to the point of breaking. They went through a couple of carriages till they entered the more luxurious First Class. He looked at the closed doors of the cabins, till he stopped in front of number 4. He opened it and walked in. The cabin was quite a luxurious one, with a large bed and a couch. 

 He pulled her in front of him with force, she had to momentarily find her balance before turning her eyes on him.

"I upgraded us to something more comfortable." He said. " The cabin your lover had booked wouldn't fit the two of us sideways, unless, you don't mind us being on top of each other." He sounded snarky.