Going Back

I blink a couple of times for the flour to get out of my eyes.

I rub my eye sockets to help clear them up.

After I'm done with that, I look up to an orange body.

I look up at his face.

What.

The.

Fuck.

Shorts.

Is.

here.

He found me.

Where's Stretch?

Where's Fluffy?!

I look towards the door quickly.

It's open, I may not be able to run out of it before he catches me but I can at least yell for Fluffy.

I slowly look at Shorts.

"It's okay, I'm not gonna-"

I jump off the sink before he can try to trick me and start running through the house.

Gotta find Fluffy.

"FLUFFY! HELP!"

I run into the kitchen and almost run straight into him.

"What is it? are you alright?" Worry laces his voice. "where's Stretch?"

"You gotta help me, please, I don't want to go back, don't let him take me away!" I beg as I hide behind him, clutching the robe.

"Who, Red? Who's gonna take you away?"

"SHORTS!" I cry.

Shorts walks into the room and I hide behind Fluffy, shaking in fear.

He's probably even more pissed than before!

"Shorts?"

"H-him," my voice trembles as I slide onto the floor, still hiding from Short's view.

"ooh, you never told Red your name?" Fluffy asks.

"Oh, I guess it slipped my mind."

WAIT WAIT WAIT! FLUFFY KNOWS SHORTS?!?

"Red, you need to calm down, you're hyperventilating," Fluffy says turning and bending down to my level.

"d-don't let h-him t-take me, please, Fluffy," tears start to fall once again.

Fluffy may know Shorts but I know I can still trust him.

I don't know why or how but I do.

"i-i don't want t-t-to go, I'm... I'm scared," I whisper to him as my eyes look down. 

I know I look like a child, but maybe that's what I need to do to stay away from Shorts.

"Red, you're going to be fine. Stretch, or well, 'Shorts' has come to make sure you are okay. He was worried about you after you ran out of the house," Fluffy says, putting his giant hand on my shoulder.

"h-how do you kn-know?" I ask.

"because Stretch wouldn't hurt a fly."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Stretch stiffen, barely, but he does.

"and I'd never let anyone hurt you."

I clench my teeth and look down.

"Red. Stretch told me about what happened at the house, from what I gather it was a huge misunderstanding. Stretch wasn't going to do anything to you he was just processing what you had said."

"..."

"you're not from the best of places, are you, Red?" fluffy asks.

I shrink down a little and shake my head slowly.

Fluffy sighs, pitty covering his face, "Red, I promise, whatever you've gone through won't happen while you are near me or Stretch."

Fluffy waves 'Stretch' over so that they both are kneeling in front of me.

Stretch's gaze makes me uncomfortable and I squirm, visibly showing I want nothing to do with him being this close to me.

"I swear on my soul, that you are safe with us. Do you trust me, Red?" Fluffy asks. 

I nod, slowly looking up at him, keeping my eyes away from Stretch.

"good, then I need you to go with Stretch, I won't be in the ruins for a while, and I wouldn't feel good about leaving you here on your own."

I stiffen, "why?" 

The word comes out without my consent. 

"I, I need to talk to my ex-wife. It'll take some time to even get to see her, but I'm trusting Stretch to watch over you while I'm gone. you can always come back with me when I'm done."

"C-can't I come with you?"

"No, I'm afraid the queen doesn't let just anyone come to see her."

The queen? There hasn't been a queen in the underground for years, maybe I am in another world, or underground.

"oh," I say shrinking down again.

"Stretch, nor his brother, will hurt you. I swear to you, Red. Will you go with him?"

Stretch has a brother? I hope he's not like Boss. 

I hesitantly nod, I don't want to know what they would have me do if I didn't. 

Fluffy's face lights up, "That's great to hear! I have to get going soon, so why don't you and Stretch start to head over to his house."

"that's a good idea, see you later fluff," stretch says, waving to fluffy and turning to walk.

I rush to catch up to him, turning to wave to the big fluff ball, before facing forward with my eyes on the ground. 

Like Boss had taught me.