Healing and Ghosts

-Red's Pov-

"'m fine," I say quietly.

"No you're not, come sit on the couch," New Boss tells me reaching for my shoulder.

"I said I'm fine!" I say stepping away before my knee buckles from underneath me, making me fall.

"mhm, sure," he says picking me up and carrying me to the couch.

He sets me down and kneels in front of me, "now where did you get hurt?"

"I-I told ya, 'm f-fine," I say, my heartbeat increasing. 

"you fell for no reason, I think you're hurt, man."

I look away from him.

.

.

.

.

.

"My knee hurts."

"Thank you, I'm gonna roll up your pant leg, okay?" he asks.

I nod, expecting him to 'accidentally' hurt me.

I feel my pant leg gets pushed over my knee and a 'huh' from New Boss.

"Imma heal this okay?" he asks. 

"Y-you're asking?" I question suspiciously, looking at him. 

"well yeah, it's common courtesy to ask permission before doing anything to another person."

"oh," I say quietly.

"So...?"

"you can."

"Thanks."

He places his hand gently on my knee. 

A warmth comes over my leg as he touches it. 

We sit there for a while, as he heals me.

"Where'd you get all these scars?" he questions casually. 

I tense, not wanting to really have this conversation right now. 

If ever. 

"I," I start, "they've c-collected over the years."

He points to a hole in my tibia, "what's this one from?"

I look at the hole and answer "drill."

New Boss looks shocked and pulls his finger away from the hole.

"what do you mean, 'drill'?" he asks. 

I reach down and touch the cracks that originate from the hole. 

"B-boss didn't like not knowing where I was so he tried to drill through m-my leg so he could but a tracker through it. I-it didn't work out as he had hoped," I tell him calmly.

New Boss looks like he's about to throw up.

"B-but he stoped about half w-way through!" I say trying to calm him down. 

He takes his hand away from my knee, the warmth of his magic going with it. "let's, uh, let's get going," he tells me.

"o-okay," I roll down my pants leg. 

New Boss gets up and starts walking to the door.

I jump up and follow after him, thankful my knee no longer hurts. 

He shuts the door behind us and we start to walk through town. 

The moment we step off the porch I get right next to New Boss like I've been trained. 

New Boss looks at me out of the corner of his eye. 

He's acting a little weird. 

I shrink down a little, leaning forward. 

New Boss stops in front of a store before opening the door.

"after you," he tells me. 

I hesitate for a moment but go through the door. 

The warmth of the building set into my bones. 

The door shuts behind New Boss as he walks in.

He walks past me and heads to the front of the store. 

I follow closely.

Stopping at the counter, New Boss hits the bell that says 'ring for service'.

 "Ah, Carrot! Nice to see you again," a monster says.

I look around the room, trying to see who was talking. 

"and who is this?" the voice asks.

"This is Red. I actually came here to get some clothes for him." 

"Of course, you did! Let me get a good look at him. Could you stand on that stool over there for me?" The voice asks.

I nod and stand on a stool that's a few feet away from me. 

"He may not like much of the stuff you got here, MTT," New Boss tells the voice. 

A ghost slowly comes into view. "I'm not dumb, Carrot, I can tell he's a tad bit different than you and Blue." 

The ghost circles me, "Can you take off that hoodie please?" he asks. 

I quickly comply, tossing the hoodie to the ground. 

"much better, thank you." He looks me over and a smile spreads across his face. 

"I think I have the perfect outfit for you. Hold on, I'll bring it out"

The pink ghost leaves into a back room and New Boss settles himself into a bench by the wall.

I rub my arms subconsciously as I look around.

There's a lot of mirrors, like, everywhere.

Almost every surface is pink, the parts of the room that aren't pink are dark purple.

Most of the windows are open, except for the one by what I guess is the changing room.

The place is spotless, with the sound of a quiet washing machine in the background.

It's pretty peaceful, peaceful enough for someone to fall... asleep...

I start to doze off before a BAM jolts me awake.

The washing machine stops abruptly before New Boss mutters "well, that was a short nap, heh."

So it wasn't a washer...

The ghost from before floats into the room carrying a big bag in the shape of a body and hands it to me.

"Go change in that room," he says pointing me into the director of the changing room.

I walk quickly into the room and start to get dressed, not paying much attention to what I'm actually putting on.

Once I'm done I put my old clothes in a neatly folded pile and go to head out of the door.

I take notice that the outfit is really comfortable and warm, even the new socks and shoes are comfortable.

Nothing like the clothes Boss had given me before.

I don't check myself in the mirror and head out of the room to my waiting Boss.