Hope

"How may I help you?"

"Bunty, could you take care of Patrick, please? And the Nifflers are rather pesky today" Newt said.

"What about the Demiguise?" The redheaded assistant girl asked him.

"He's been depressed. I'll take care" Newt said.

In fact, the Demiguise wasn't depressed. He was in fact, very much happy. But seeing the pain in his human friend's face made him relate to the pain. It was almost as if he was emphasizing with Newt.

Newt slowly approached Dougal's little habitat. It was a little woven nest, similar to the one made by weaver bird's but it was comfortable. The creature sat there, hugging it's fluffy haired legs, chewing on a piece of pellet. He seemed to be arranging some sort of pattern with the pellets.

"Hello Dougal"

The Demiguise looked at him, with its large blue eyes, clearly surprised.

"Feeling better? Don't tell me you're going to follow Pickett's way of life" Newt sighed.

The creature shook its head. Of course not! Dougal is the most socializing creature ever! Not to mention several rounds of unpaid babysitting.

"What are you working on?"

Dougal showed his little pattern of pellet art. He had formed it in such a way that it showed the letter N.

"N?" Newt asked, puzzled.

He nodded and showed the other pattern. He broke the large pellets to form specks of little ones that formed a T.

"T? What are you upto, Dougal?" Newt threw a quizzical look at him.

Dougal pointed to the N and then the T and curved his hands to form a heart.

"Wait, what?" Newt looked startled.

Dougal broke into a smile and repeated his loop of actions. He then scrambled into Newt's arms and pointed to his workshop.

"You want to go there?" Newt asked. The creature nodded. The exasperated magizoologist carried his little creature, bossed by him, to his workshop.

Dougal pointed at a picture of Tina.

It was a beautiful picture of her, intricately cut out from the New York Ghost by Newt himself. He had carried her picture everywhere and even showed it to her. Then later, worrying it might get lost, he pinned it to a wall.

"Yes? About Tina?"

Dougal nodded. He pointed at the smiling picture of Tina and then turned to him. Then he made the same heart shape with his hands and smiled.

"What? No, no Dougal. Tina and I aren't together" Newt said, defensively, "We're basically friends! Friends. . compliment each other, don't . . they?"

Dougal folded his arms and gave him a look. Yeah, right Newt.

"Don't give me that look! This is about you, mister!" Newt said, "You are scaring the daylights out of Bunty because of your mysterious looks! You're scaring everyone!"

Not as much as you're scaring yourself with your decisions.

Newt sighed. "Look, Dougal, I don't know what came over to you, but she is. ."

Dougal looked happily at him, as if to say, She loves you too. Very much, to be honest.

"There's no time for love in war" Newt choked down the lump of shame and sadness down his throat.

There could be something that helps you keep fighting. It's worth it, Newt. Dougal made several facial expressions.

For that one moment, Newt thought, maybe just maybe there was something which made they fight for, all these years.

"What's that?" Darius asked.

Tina quickly shut down her little stack of letters and hurriedly threw it in her drawer. Her newly assigned partner in crime sure was curious about everything.

"It's nothing, Darius" Tina told him, "Just get back to work".

"Those looked like letters" Darius said.

"One more word, and I'll have you fired" Tina told him sharply, "I have no time to answer any of your questions".

"Tina, Tina, you're blinded by the world. Can't you be human and tell me what's bothering you?" Darius said, "You've been keeping to yourself lately and you've been cooped up, reading those letters".

Tina sighed. There was no way she was getting out of this.

"Ugh, it's nothing, really" Tina said, but Darius didn't seem convinced.

"You can tell me. I'm your friend too, y'know. We're not just two random Aurors" he said, simply, "I know how people feel. I've been in several candid situations like these. You basically had to move your entire life here, to London! If that's not spontaneous, I don't know what is".

"Look Darius, I really appreciate you and I'm sorry for your bitter past, but I really can't tell anyone" Tina said.

"It's never healthy to keep your feelings to yourself. Trust me, you'll learn it the hard way then" Darius warned.

"It's this guy" Tina spoke, finally.

"Oooh, Tina Goldstein is in love!" Darius proclaimed.

"He's nice and sweet and he wrote me all these letters" Tina pulled out the thick stack of letters from the drawer. Every one of them said Dearest Tina.

"The problem is that I haven't seen him in months" Tina said, "And I sort of hated him. Now I happen to like someone else now. Someone who's equally smart and caring at the same time"

"I've fixed post traumatic disorders and never have I ever listened to such a wacky story as such!" Darius said, "Anyway, these are the types of situations where you need to learn to trust your instincts and your brain. Two opposite things, but will help you".

"What am I supposed to do?" Tina wailed.

"Do what you think is best. Learn to trust your guts. Think what you can do, and do it" Darius said, "Have some hope, as well".

Tina nodded, his words slowly sinking in. Of course, Achilles Tolliver, the "man she has been seeing" was true and faithful and rather loyal to her, but he was nothing compared to Newt.

Maybe there did have something to fight for. A glint of hope in their eyes and just the urge to fight until the end, just to have a happy ending.

However happy endings don't necessarily start with happy beginnings, do they?

A/N : Thanks for reading! Please vote and support!

Hope you liked this part! I had an idea of Pickett shipping Newt and Tina, but Dougal was more cuter, right?

Actually here's a poll!

Pickett or Dougal? Vote now!

Thanks and bye!