Hike

After a long week of planning out, they were ready for the mission. Nagini and Yusuf, quite traumatized after their own adventure in Grindelwald's lair, decided to be the "control team" and stay back with the Ministry.

Bridget was still passive aggressive with Tina and Newt and was relieved to hear that she would be working with the Aurors behind the scenes which means she gets to stay back.

Jacob decided to tag along too. After all, he wants to help his friends and deep down, knew that he could give Queenie a second chance.

After their little moment, Newt and Tina had completely avoided each other. They never brought up their relationship and discussed only about their plans and nothing else.

Maybe this mission was to bring them together.

As Tina packed for the long journey, Bridget entered her room.

"Good luck" she said.

"Good luck to you too" Tina said.

"You'll need it more than me" Bridget offered her a smile, "If you see Queenie, bring her back".

"That's the plan" Tina shrugged.

"And. . yes, uh. . right" Bridget shuffled across the room, her hands casually placed inside her pockets to hide her insecurity, "Sorry".

"For what?" Tina asked.

"Don't make this harder" Bridget told her, her voice cracking.

"Fine, I've forgiven you before this started. It's my fault for being so naive" Tina said.

"No, it's just that. . I get inspired from you two. . a hope to have a future with. . " Bridget began.

". . With?" Tina gave her a sisterly smirk.

"No one"

"Look, I've known you for a great amount of time, even if it seems like a month or so. . tell me" Tina folded her arms.

"Okay, I may like Harold, okay?" Bridget said.

"Harold, mmm. . "

"I mean, I know he's in Castelobruxo right now and managing the school single handedly and stuff. . and like, have you seen his Portuguese? It's flawless!"

Tina nodded, "Probably the best, huh?"

"The point is, I see you and Newt and I cling onto that inspiration for a hope that maybe Harold and I will have a future. . ?"

"Together, you mean" Tina grinned.

"Yes" Bridget hesitated before letting it out.

"It's fine, Bridget. You don't have to be all awkward" Tina said, "All you need to do is make sure you are fine and he is fine and make sure you two can get through this".

"D'you think he'll feel the same?" Bridget wondered.

"Indeed he would. He'd be stupid if he doesn't feel the same way" Tina said, "You're charming and smart and witty. You've got traits".

"Thanks Tina. This is something I'll never be able to share with anyone. Anyone except you" Bridget enveloped Tina into a hug.

"Hey, we're best friends" Tina said, "You can tell me anything".

They were swept into this wave of nostalgia that reminded them of innocent school days, making friendly promises, playing tag in the school grounds and sharing lunch. Gossiping and ranting about parents. A classic childhood memory, even though they were two different people from two different places.