Halt

Tina did not expect the huge jumpscare she received when she woke up. Newt was staring at her.

"Ayee!" Tina screamed.

"Ah!" Newt let out a yelp.

"Newt, why would you do this?" Tina massaged her head, "You scared me to death!"

"No, sorry about it. But I wanted to show you this letter. Only you can open it" Newt handed her a white envelope, addressed to her.

"For me? Probably from Picquery or Tolliver" Tina guessed.

"Tolliver? You two are still--?"

"Nah, nah" Tina shook her head, "We broke up. Couldn't balance relationships and war, right? Plus, I didn't like him very much".

"Oh, I see" Newt whispered, "Anyway, here you go. We have to go downstairs for breakfast. The inn is having strict schedules for eating. A lot of balderdash if you'd ask me".

"I'll be there in a few minutes" Tina called out as Newt got up to leave.

Tina returned to her letter. She slowly opened it to find her name written on top. She pulled off the envelope and read the letter.

Tina,

I probably shouldn't be writing this, but since Gellert is controlling the owl posts, I don't have trouble writing this.

I love you, Teen. No matter what, you'll always be my big sister. I know I've made some bad choices, but please understand.

Don't move. Halt all your missions and plans as of now. There's something Gellert is going to do. I can't explain everything, for I don't know the entire plan myself. As far as I know, don't leave Rio.

It's for your own safety. I really need you to trust me in this situation. I can't risk losing you. If you meet Jacob, tell him that I send my love.

And also, what's up with you and Newt? Hopefully you two are courting by the time this war ends. I'm getting ahead of myself, gee!

Anyway, this is my message.

Queenie.

Her tone sounded so much more grim in spite of writing about her and Newt , which usually put a smile on her face.

But she can't trust her anymore. She's working for a dark wizard. She has betrayed everyone. And yet, she's pleading for trust. Tina thought whether Grindelwald had brainwashed her into writing this letter. Maybe it's a red herring. Maybe it's a distraction from all the terrible things Grindelwald was doing.

She folded the letter. Today they were going to meet up with Theseus and the others about a plan to get Bridget back. It had already been a few weeks. Tina scolded herself for being this late.

They need some intel. Right now.

"Alright, so. ." Theseus said, "It leaves the three of us".

"What happened to Charles and Harold?" Tina asked.

"They're in Castelobruxo, taking charge" Theseus said, "Now we need to look for Bridget. No more delays".

"We've already been late" Newt commented.

"Look, we've had a lot of hurdles to jump up and down. I'm sure Bridget would understand" Theseus said, "Let's not waste time and let's get looking. The battle may be over, but it's the beginning of the war".