Chapter 11 - The Crushing of UA

The sensation still lingered on her lips, even a few moments later.

It continued to longer, even as she had long pulled away, desperately trying to act as if nothing had happened, only to realize she was failing miserably, and that her mind couldn't do anything but replay those few seconds over and over again.

Well, she wasn't going to forget them anytime soon. Though she couldn't help but wonder – was this ever going to happen again?

It didn't help that she and the very same person responsible for her racing heart and reddened cheeks remained completely silent, at first pausing just so they could catch their breath, only to forget to ever utter another word.

Atsuhi didn't have the confidence to even look back at Katsuki. Instead, she thought about the stupidest things that her mind had ever managed to come up with. And that said a lot.

Ah, we... we just... we just kissed, didn't we!?

Oh my gosh, this.. this was my first... my first kiss...

Woah, was it Katsuki-kun's first kiss too!? W-what if he gets mad he wasted it on me?? What if he didn't enjoy it!? What if he didn't want to kiss me in the first place!? Did I act without permission!?

But... but he did kiss back... So then, what does that mean? Is it possible he didn't enjoy it but still kissed back anyway? Was there something I was supposed to do, and I didn't-

Katsuki cleared his throat. A simple act, albeit one that was more than enough to break Atsuhi out of the ridiculous thoughts that only had her descending further and further down that rabbit hole.

She flinched a little, but took it as a sign that he had something to say, and finally turned to look at the boy, relieved to realize she wasn't the only one fighting her blush, as his cheeks were also tinted a light pink.

Katsuki looked at her too, but the moment their eyes met, his crimson orbs immediately darted away, not ignoring her completely, yet choosing to focus on anything but her. Meanwhile, Atsuhi gulped, and dug around to find the courage to actually face him now.

Quickly concluding that, despite trying to get her attention at first, Katsuki had opted out of actually saying anything, she was now left to fill the silence.

"So. Um... Can I... consider this to be my answer...?" she asked quietly, while intertwining her hands behind her back, and letting her eyes wander off of Katsuki's frame too. Though with her peripheral vision she noticed the quick note of surprise that took over the boy's features, only for him to shake his head and take a deep breath.

"I... don't know..."

If Atsuhi had gotten her hopes high, they were sure to crash down painfully right now. Fortunately, she had never hoped for anything. Or at least not all that much anyway. Instead, she was joyous that the response was not a hard 'no'.

Noticing that she had gone quiet, Katsuki continued.

"I think... maybe I need some time..." he sighed.

"It's fine – I'm in no rush anyway." Atsuhi smiled back.

"Hmm..." He went quiet for a moment. "How 'bout this? I'll tell you my answer once the Provisional License Exam is over. I'll get plenty of time to think about it."

"And you won't have anything distracting you! Sounds good to me!" Atsuhi felt a wave of relief wash over her, knowing that in a couple of days, she would hear a response.