Chapter 1

~Bethany's POV~:
It's the last class of the day and I can't sit still. I have my first date with Derek tonight and I'm literally going to have a spaz attack. Wait what will I wear? What will I do with my hair? What about my makeup look? Crap I act like this every time! Five more minutes left. I look over at Connor, my best friend, and he smiles at me then shakes his head. He then nods towards my hands which are shaking. Am I nervous? After an eternity the bell finally rings. I grab my backpack and sprint to my car. I don't even remember what Mrs. Arc was talking about at the end of that boring math class but I really don't care. I start my car and pull out of the school parking lot. When I finally get home the panic attack begins. After a half an hour of throwing clothes around I decide to FaceTime Connor. His face finally appears; "Hello Bethers." "Hey Connor. I don't know what to wear!!!" "Woah calm down it's no big deal, I'll help you." He chuckled a little and shook his head, I've put him through this for dates, parties, pretty much anything. I held up various outfits and afterward I asked him which one. "Well where are you guys going?" "We're going to a pizza place." I sighed. "Beth you don't need to be dressy for pizza but don't be to casual. Guys usually don't care if you look like a Barbie doll, if they do want you to be a Barbie doll then they aren't the right guy." He always says that, every fricken time. "So what outfit?" "None. Beth wear that light brown skater skirt, white t-shirt, and tribal brownish-tan cardigan. I can't believe I'm picking out outfits, this is very unmanly of me." I laughed a little then put together the outfit. He sucked at the choice but I changed a few things; I grabbed a black dress with small pink flowers on it and my white cardigan. I also grabbed my black converse. Okay maybe I changed the entire outfit, this happens every time. I stood in front of my phone and Connor nodded; "Bethany you look great." "Thanks Connor." "Bethany why do you ask for help even when you end up changing the outfit every time?" "I need you to calm me down, arrange an outfit I'd never wear, then give me confidence. You're a great friend." He smiled, "Thanks Beth." "Thank you Connor. I better go, see you tomorrow." "See you tomorrow." He ended the call and his face disappeared. "Now what to do with my hair?" I asked myself while heading towards the desk I set up to be a makeup area. After an hour my hair was done. I just curled it but I tried so many other hairstyles before that. I checked the time on my phone, 6:24. Crap he's going to be here in six minutes!!! I redid my makeup quickly and then it was 6:29. I paced around my room and grabbed my little black cross-over purse. I eventually heard the doorbell ring, 6:33. I calmly walked down the stairs and opened our front door. Derek looked at me and I immediately felt insecure again. Do I still look okay? "Wow Beth you look amazing." I blushed a little as he held out his arm to escort me to his car. "Thank you. You look nice as well." Okay now I'm talking all proper, what's wrong with me? He chuckled a little, "Thanks." He opened the passenger door of his car and helped me in then he went around his car and got into the driver's side. I still can't believe I'm going on a date with Derek Hough, the hottest senior in school, the star of the football team, and a great dancer. I can't believe that me, a junior, will be going on a date with a senior, the hottest senior. How did I become the luckiest person in the world?