Chapter 19

~Bethany's POV~:
I woke up without that feeling of Connor stroking my hair or kissing my head. That was yesterday. Now it's Monday. I have to go back to school and he'll be there but yesterday that feeling of him beside me as I opened my eyes felt like a new world. It was one of the best feelings I've ever had.

Yesterday we didn't do much. We just walked around mostly and went out to lunch at Subway. Then he brought me back home and I finished my homework that I had ignored all weekend.

Now I'm slowly getting ready. I'm as slow as a zombie. At least it's nearly Christmas break...then I won't have to get up so early. And then Connor and I can spend more time together. Just one more week of school.

I got to school and was immediately 'attacked' by Derek. I forgot that we unofficially broke up three days ago. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back outside. His grip stung my wrist but I ignored the pain. "We need to talk." His words scared me.

"Can we please move on. You cheated. We're done." I turned but he was still gripping my wrist and he stopped me.

"Bethany it was a mistake. Alyssa-" I cut him off.

"Alyssa was a mistake. Is that what you were going to say? You're so cliché! Every guy in every love story says that and it's always a lie." I shook my head and avoided eye contact.

"Bethany they say that because it's true." His hand cupped my face and he kissed my cheek. "Please forgive me." I pushed him away. He can't just expect me to forgive him after that.

"I can't...Derek...we're done. I don't love you anymore, I don't even want to look at you..." His grip on my wrist loosened and I pulled away. I felt tears on my face. Crap I don't even remember myself starting to cry. I started to walk away. When I finally looked at him his eyes were red. He was about to cry as well. He really felt bad. I felt the need to run back to him, to kiss him. I fought that urge. I can't give in now. No matter how much guilt or how terrible I feel I have to move on. I have to let it go. He hurt me. He deserves this.

I went back inside the school. I saw Connor and I ran to him. He embraced me in a tight hug. I continued to cry but then wiped away the tears. I quickly went to the bathroom and fixed my makeup. Then I went back and walked with Connor till we had to part ways to go to our separate classes. I had AP French first with Derek. This is going to be painful.

I walked in and Derek was already in his seat. When I walked in he saw me and stood up instantly. Oh God. "Beth."

"Please leave me alone Derek. I don't want to talk right now." I sat in my seat, which is to the left of his. He sat down too.

"Then let's talk later. Please. I want to make up for what I did to you. Come to my house after school. Please." His eyes were watering as he whispered to me. Class was starting soon.

"I can't. I've moved on. So should you." I felt evil. I should give him a chance.

"Bethany I'm not asking for us to get back together but I'm asking for you to give me a chance to fix this." I wanted to give in. His beautiful blue eyes touched my heart.

"Fine. I'll come to your house. But don't assume this changes anything about our relationship yet."

"Thank you. You won't regret it. I promise." It felt better to give him a chance but I knew this wouldn't go over well with Connor. He's gonna assume the worst.

I just need to get through this last week of school. One more week.