Chapter 25

~Connor's POV~:
It's the last class of the day and today is Friday. My foot tapped impatiently on the floor as the last few minutes ticked by on the clock. I wasn't even paying attention to what my biology teacher was saying, I was just staring at that stupid clock. Do you ever feel like time passes slower when you are actually looking at a clock? I feel that way right now, minutes seem to turn into hours.

Finally, after what seemed to be ten years, the bell rang. I grabbed my things and ran to my car not wasting any time to get out of this parking lot before there's a line to get out. When I did finally get out of that zoo I found my way to Bethany's house. Beth still hadn't made it out of the parking lot I'm guessing since her house is literally like five minutes away.

I waited for another half hour before deciding to check up on her at the school. She hasn't been answering my texts or calls so I'm starting to worry. I got to school and parked in the nearly empty parking lot. Most of the students went home by now. I saw Beth's car parked a little further from the school then mine. I walked up to it and saw blood on the hood of the car. Shit. No..no..no.

I slowly circled the car and saw Bethany either passed out or dead next to the passenger's side on the ground. "Bethany!!! No...C'mon Beth please..." I was shaking her to try and wake her up but it wasn't working, she was still unconcious.

I called 911. After ten minutes that felt like ten years, similar to when I was waiting for the bell to ring, the ambulance finally came. The paramedics pulled her into the white vehicle and immediately tried to get her to wake up. I wanted to hop in with them but they wouldn't let me, I wasn't family was their explanation.

The cops finally showed up to investigate the blood on her car and to search for any possible evidence to find out who did this to her. My question is why would someone do this to her?

I was sitting on the paved ground with my knees up against my chest. I didn't cry I just sat there trying to figure out who did this and why. A police man walked up to me with a saddened look, "Hello are you the young man who reported the accident?" He asked nicely.

"Yes I am...did you find anything?" I stood up abruptly to speak to the man in a more formal way.

"Well no there isn't much to work with and it wasn't a murder so there's not much else we can do...sorry. The girl, Bethany, she is taking visitors at this time if you want to head over to the hospital..." The man finished again giving me a sad look before telling me which hospital she was at. I ran to my car and drove to the hospital trying to stay calm. She's alive. Thank God.

I talked to a lady at a desk in a lobby who directed me to Beth's room. I ran down the halls and up a few flights of stairs to avoid the slow elevator.

I finally got to her room. She smiled weakly when she saw me. She had a big ice pack on her head and many bruises and scratches but she was fine. She looked fine. "Hey Beth how are you feeling?" I sat on a chair next to the bed.

"I'm okay. Could be better but I'm okay." She spoke softly with a shrug. "I just can't believe he'd do that to me..." She said that so quietly that I could barely understand what she had just said.

"Who? Who did this to you?" I raised my voice slightly waiting to hear the name of the bastard who hurt Bethany.

"Derek...he was yelling at me about breaking his heart and about being with you again...he got violent quickly blaming me for every bad thing that's happened in his life since we broke up. It's just so...stupid." She was fighting back tears. She had to choke out the last few words before I motioned for her that it was okay and she didn't need to keep talking about it.

"Hey Beth...it's okay. He's a jerk. He's just frustrated that you stopped loving him, every guy feels that way when a girl breaks their heart. He'll get over it. And I'll make sure he doesn't hurt you ever again. You don't deserve that Beth." I kissed her head lightly and she winced, right she hit her head it's probably throbbing right now, "Sorry..."

She smiled, "It's fine Connor. Thank you. I just wanna go home..." She tried sitting up but failed as she fell back onto the pillows in pain. "Ouch..." She muttered.

I rushed to her side and helped her get readjusted on the hospital bed again. "Beth you might just want to stay here for the night. It might be better for your health. Just rest." I smiled at her before I got up to leave.

"Connor can you stay here until visiting hours end? I just don't want to be alone..." She reached out to me with her hand, she looked sad and scared. I couldn't say no.

"Of course babe." She smiled and blushed when I called her babe. I sat back down on the chair and held her hand. I was careful not to touch the bruises and scratches so she wouldn't be in pain. "I'm sorry this happened to you Beth...it shouldn't have happened. I should've waited for you at the school once it ended then you wouldn't be in this mess. I know I sound super cheesy right now but I just feel awful for leaving you there alone..."

Bethany looked up at me as I looked at her. She leaned as close as she could get to me and I met her the rest of the way, pulling her into a soft kiss. It didn't last long since she was in pain but it was sweet. I love this girl way to much. "It's fine Connor don't feel bad. If you never came back to the school I wouldn't be here, I'd still be in that parking lot." She said gratefully.

"Wait how did you know about that?" I asked shocked. What the heck I never told her I was the one who called 911.

"One of the paramedics told me a young man called 911 and claimed to be my boyfriend. I figured it out from there. Plus who else would come looking for me a half an hour after school ends? No one, they'd all be home or out partying considering it's Friday." She replied with a chuckle. I just smiled at her and kissed her lightly once again. How did I find such a beautiful and amazing girl? I don't deserve someone this wonderful. But for some reason she wanted me and she's still here after that long separation...I'm so lucky to have her.
---------------------------------------------
A/N: Thanks so much for reading! Sorry for taking so long to update but I did so yay!

Ooooo happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day if you live in the United States!!! He was an amazing man who did amazing things for African American civil rights here in America so he's pretty cool. Thank you Martin Luther King Jr. for having a dream and for telling people to treat all with equality because someone needed to say it :) okay now I'm rambling about someone who gave an amazing speech over 45 years ago.

Okay I love you guys thanks for everything :)

If you guys want I have two other fanfics on here; one is called Out of My Limit which is a cethany one and the other is Beside You which is a 5 Seconds of Summer one. If you don't mind I'd appreciate it if you read them :)
But you don't have to...

Okay ily :)

~Anna <3