Chapter 21

~Bethany's POV~:
It's Christmas. And I'm with my family like most people. I just can't get what Derek said out of my head. That was a week ago. The rest of that school week was awkward. I barely talked to anyone and I think I hurt Connor's feelings pretty bad. I don't know how to tell him about Derek. I need a break from guys at the moment. It's all to much drama.

But if I tell Connor he'll fall apart. He's been waiting to be with me for a long time and now I'm backing away...this isn't good.

I didn't even realize I was zoned out until my cousin Jessica snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Hey Beth? Earth to Beth?"

"Huh? Oh um sorry." I hid my face in embarrassment.

"Are you okay you seem kinda...sad." Jessica said. "I'm guessing it involves boys..." Jessica gets me. She's the same age as me and she gets into boy trouble just as much as I do so she totally gets it.

"Yeah...my friend likes me and my ex is trying to win me back...I have feelings for both of them and I can't just pick between them but not being with them hurts them...I don't get why they can't get over me. I'm not that special. I just wish my friend saw me as a friend and that my ex saw me as his ex. But no..."

"Bethany I'm sorry but you have to tell them how you feel if you haven't already. They deserve to know...it's hard and people will get hurt but hey...it will all work itself out eventually." Jessica was right. She always says the right thing at the right time.

"Thanks Jessica. I really appreciate that you understand and help me with this."

She smiled, "It's no problem Beth. Everyone needs someone to talk about boy troubles with. We have each other."

Now all of our family; grandpa and grandma, my aunts, uncles, and cousins all gathered in the living room for gifts. Our family does a little secret Santa thing so everyone gets one gift from a mystery person in the family. I had my grandpa. I got him a gigantic tackle box for fishing filled with fake fishing bait and new bobbers. He loves to fish and he takes me sometimes. It's actually really fun but I can't touch the fish...my grandpa always takes the fish off the hook for me. I'm a weenie sometimes I guess.

Jessica had me. She gave me a massage. Oh my gosh I needed that. I've been so stressed lately. Everyone got different things and at the end of it everyone seemed happy and were all having a good time. I eventually did too. It was easy to forget the sadness when you're surrounded by people who love and care about you. And even easier when those people are having fun.

Our family watched Rudolph the movie and Elf. The little cousins had a blast. They brought their presents from "Santa" to the party and played together. Everyone else talked about random things and we all had a big Christmas dinner. There was ham, rosemary potatoes, green beans, and cream puffs. There was other stuff like carrots and salad too. It was amazing. My uncle made it all and let's just say he's an amazing cook.

When it was finally time to get home I quickly talked to Jessica one last time. "Beth don't forget what I told you. Tell them how you feel. It may hurt them but it's going to be the best option for you in the long run. One day you'll find the right guy and it may end up being one of these two guys. Don't stress. They will eventually get over you if it's not meant to be but the guys who keep fighting even after you tell them something like this...they are the keepers. They are the ones that you should end up with."

"Thanks Jessica. I'll see and talk to you soon." I smiled as I hugged her goodbye.

"Yeah no problem and yeah I'll definitely be in touch...I want to see how this problem plays out." She smiled back at me. "Okay bye Beth."

"Bye Jessica." I left and drove my parents and myself home. My parents were drinking at the party and since I'm to young to drink still and since I have my license I became the driver. My parents weren't drunk but it's just safer if I drive. And legal.

I got home and Connor was sitting on my front porch. Oh God. My parents went inside and I stayed outside to talk to Connor. I need to tell him I can't be with him right now. "Hey Beth." He looked tired. There were bags under his eyes that weren't there before, like he hasn't slept in a few days.

"Hey Connor." I barely made a sound.

"Bethany...

A/N: Cliffhanger before a sentence even ends!!! Sorry I'm cruel. That was supposed to be the Christmas chapter...I'm disappointed in it to be honest. Sorry guys :( sooooo anyway Merry Christmas even though it's not Christmas here anymore...I love you!!!!