Chapter 8

~Bethany's POV~:
After Connor had so rudely walked away to go to science I found Ricky. "Hey Ricky!" He was walking in the opposite direction so I had to yell, maybe not such a great idea because now everyone is looking my way. He turned, "Oh hi Bethany. Haven't seen you in a while." Wow everyone feels that way huh? "Um yeah...sorry about that." "So why talk now? Did Derek break your heart?" Wow that hurt a little, "Noooo. Why would you say that?" He looked a little embarrassed, "Sorry just thought that maybe he did since you haven't talked to me since you two started dating." "Oh. No we are still good. I was wondering...do you know if Connor likes anyone?" He froze and tensed up just like Connor did when I asked a similar question, "Why?" Same answer too, "Uh well I just think he needs to start dating again." "Bethany I can't tell you who he has a crush on. It's confidential between me and him. Sorry. Let's just say he's liked this person for a long time but they aren't available at the moment." "Oh. He likes someone in a relationship." Ricky nodded, "Yeah and it's totally tearing him apart." "Just tell me. I want to help him." "That's not a good idea Beth. I have to go. Maybe I'll see you later." Ricky turned back around and walked away. I feel bad for Connor. He loves someone who doesn't love him back, that's so sad.

~Connor's POV~:
I really can't go out with Alyssa. What have I done? Well if I said no then she would have been totally depressed and I didn't want to do that to her. After science I saw Alyssa at her locker. I almost went up to her when I saw Derek. Derek slowly walked up to her and handed her a small piece of paper. Alyssa immediately blushed as he whispered something in her ear. After that he walked towards me so I went back into my class for a brief second. When I left again Alyssa almost ran into me. "Oh I'm sorry Connor." "Hey it's fine." "Sooo I'm going to have to cancel Friday." She said. Derek must have asked her out, that cheating son if a b*tch. "Oh why?" "Ummm I have to..." "Alyssa I get it if you aren't interested in me anymore, just be honest with me okay?" "Yeah okay. So I'm not interested. I'm sorry Connor. Someone else asked me out." "Oh. It's fine. Who asked you?" "Derek Hough." And bam there it was. Now I just have to find a way for Bethany to find out that Derek is a cheater, then I'll have my chance again.