Chapter 9

~Bethany's POV~:
I found Derek in the hallway. He was walking in the opposite direction as me. I started run-walking towards him when I saw Alyssa and Connor talking. I almost stopped to get involved but I didn't. "Derek Hough." That's all I caught of their conversation, that one name. It came from Alyssa's mouth, the words seemed to just stand out in all of the commotion in the crowded hall. I kept walking but I almost saw relief on Connor's face after Alyssa walked away as well.

-Alyssa and I nearly collided. "Oh sorry Bethany." She said quickly. She was very nervous or upset about something. "It's okay Alyssa. Are you going out with Connor?" She wasn't looking at me...why? "Um..no." Her eyes darted from side to side. "Oh why not?" Maybe this is why Connor seemed relieved, he doesn't like Alyssa that way. "Um I'm busy Friday night..." "Doing what?" "It doesn't matter Bethany! It's none of your business!" She turned around and ran off in the opposite direction. I continued to look for Derek. That was a little weird though...

---------------------------------------------

~Derek's POV~:
I saw Connor after I talked to Alyssa. He probably saw me talk to Alyssa and he might tell Beth what he saw. I need to catch him off guard and stop him from saying anything. I don't need him ruining my relationship with Bethany. Alyssa and I are just temporary, I'm just using Alyssa for a little extra enjoyment. Yeah that seems awful but I don't want Bethany that way. I love Beth not Alyssa.

---------------------------------------------

~Bethany's POV~:
I finally found Derek after school ended, in the school parking lot. "Hey babe." I ran up to him and kissed him. "Hey." He smiled. "So I overheard Alyssa saying your name. Do you know why?" He tensed up at Alyssa's name. So it's not a coincidence she said his name. Alyssa said she was busy Friday night I wonder if it has anything to do with Derek. "I don't know Bethany..." He forced a smile. "So I'm busy tonight but do you want to hang out Friday?" Why am I questioning him like this? I can trust him...maybe. Once again he looked nervous, "Um no I'm busy. Family thing." He lied to me, he's a terrible liar. "Okay. I'll see you later." "See you later." He forced yet another smile then spotted Connor and started walking towards him. Why is he going to talk to Connor? Everything seems really confusing and secretive at the moment.