Chapter 11

~Bethany's POV~:
I just saw Derek and Connor arguing by Connor's car. Derek obviously started it but what was it about? Me? When Derek walked away I quickly ran so that neither of them saw me.

I can't believe my two favorite guys in my life hate each other. I don't even know why! I hate all of the unknowns in my life right now it's insane.

I got home and looked at my phone. 13 missed FaceTime calls from Connor. 13! I need to talk to him. I need to figure this out.

"Hey Connor." His face appeared on the small screen. "Hey Beth." "Why are you calling me so many times?" "Bethany...I saw you today. In the parking lot." Maybe I'm not that fast of a runner. "Um yeah...I was there." "I'm sorry you had to see that. Derek went crazy. He got all worried about something I can't tell you." "Wait. He told you something that I can't know? And yeah I saw how he acted. It's a side of him that I never knew he had." I sighed and saw Connor's worried expression.

"Bethany I'm sorry. I can't tell you what I know. It's my choice." "I have no idea what's going on Connor. I need something. Anything." "Bethany don't worry I'll take care of it. I promise."

Those two words. I promise. That is my reassurance. I know he will keep that promise, he always does.
-------------------------------------------
~Connor's POV~:
The relief in Bethany's eyes made my heart stop for a split second. She knows that I keep my promises. "Connor will you come over Friday? Derek ditched me for a family thing, but I feel like that's a lie..." So she is suspicious of Derek. "Friday is a big part of what I can't tell you Beth...I'm sorry. I'll come over Friday."

"Connor please just tell me. I feel like I'm stuck in the dark while everyone is surrounded by a big refreshing light." "Trust me Bethany. I'm as lost as you."

She paused. She said nothing, did nothing. She looked at me and I saw how lost she was in her eyes. I want to help but I can't.

When it's time I'll be there for her, when Derek breaks the heart of my heartbreak girl.