Chapter 12

~Connor's POV~:
It's Friday night. I'm the only person, besides Derek and Alyssa, that knows Derek is cheating on Bethany. How can Alyssa be okay with Derek dating both of them?

I asked Alyssa where she and Derek were going on their date. She wouldn't tell me at first but I eventually got the answer out of her, Olive Garden.

Beth and I hung out for a while in her room just talking and playing Just Dance 2015. She loves dancing to She Looks So Perfect by 5SOS and Best Song Ever by 1D.

It was now 8:00 which was the time Alyssa told me that she would be getting picked up at.

"Hey Bethany. Do you want to...um...go get dinner? I'll pay. We'll go as friends obviously." She smiled. "Sure. Where should we go?" "Do you like Olive Garden?" I'm going to end this sick relationship as soon as possible. Bethany can't be in the dark any longer. She must see this for herself. "Yeah it sounds great."

We got up and went to my car. We got to the restaurant at about 8:15. We got there before Derek and Alyssa. We got a seat somewhat near the back of the restaurant but we could still see the door. I made sure Bethany faced the door so she would see Derek and Alyssa walk in together.

A waitress named Grace came around and took our orders, since Beth and I knew what we wanted right away, and then she left heading for the kitchen. By now it was 8:19 still no sign of Derek and Alyssa.

A few minutes later I heard the door open. A split second later I saw confusion then sadness on her face. They must have finally arrived. I turned around just in time to see Derek holding Alyssa's hand. A tear slipped from Bethany's eye and slid down her cheek. "Bethany..." She just shook her head and more tears came. She stood up and headed towards them. I hid myself because if either Derek or Alyssa saw me I'd be dead meat.

Beth practically ran towards Derek and then she slapped him, right there in the middle of Olive Garden. "What the hell?!?!" Derek yelled. "You cheating son of a b*tch!!!" She was screaming. He had definitely broke her heart. She came rushing back to our table. "We need to go." Good thing I brought a wig just for this. "Why are you wearing a wig?" "So that Alyssa and Derek don't know I'm here. They'll think it's Ricky." Yeah I had a Ricky wig and some sunglasses, killing it. "Why?" Her voice cracked. "Because this is what I couldn't tell you and if they knew I was here they'd know I caused this and Derek would kill me."

Once again she froze. "Derek told you not to tell me he was cheating on me?" I nodded. "I didn't tell you, I showed you. You can't keep living in the dark." "I can't believe he'd make you do that but thank you for showing me how much of a jerk he is." "I know. Let's head to my house okay?" She nodded.

The whole car ride Bethany was crying. She couldn't get Derek off her mind. I want to fix this, I'm going to fix this. We just need to get to my house. That's where I'll help mend the damage Derek has caused, like I do with every guy that breaks her heart, only this time I'll not only help her but I'll show her what I feel inside. She will finally know how much I love her. How much I want her to love me like I love her.