Chapter 4

~Connor's POV~:
On Monday at school I heard buzzing everywhere. The news of Bethany and Derek's first date became the main focus of the many people who can't keep their noses out of other people's business. In this school they are known as The Gossipers, yes they are like a little clique that spreads rumors and only talks about them. Sometimes they can actually be pretty helpful if you want to know what's up in the world, the country, the state, or just our school. So obviously the news of the hottest senior deciding to date a junior became a big news story in their little group. The funny part is that some of them do the yearbook or school paper and a lot of gossip finds it's way to the other students just by a form of paper, so even the shy kids can get their updates on the social world.

I round the corner and walk up to my locker. I turn and see the two most talked about people at the moment, Beth and Derek. They are holding hands and Bethany has the biggest smile on her face, one I've never seen before. Maybe she'll never see the wrongs in him if there are any, maybe they'll be forever and she and I will be a never.

Someone pushes me a little; "Hey why'd you...Ricky." I should have known it was him. He was laughing, "Hey Connor what's up? Hear the news about your biggest crush and the dreamboy?" "I was the first one she told." "Connor you need to tell her how you feel, she will never know until you say something." There he goes again, pressuring me to ask out Beth. I know that I need to but I'm already to late, again. I've had so many chances but I keep missing them. "Ricky you know I can't now, she's dating Derek, it would just push her further away." I sighed, exhaling all of my happiness.
"Hey...you'll be fine. Like you always say, every guy ends up breaking her heart and you're always there to put it back together. When Derek hurts her that's when you step in, tell her how you feel. She will finally realize all of the efforts you've made for her and I bet she will love you just as much as you love her." He has a point, "Thanks Ricky." "No problem. We better get moving, English will start any minute."

~Bethany's POV~:
I was walking with my hand holding tightly to Derek's. I felt the many eyes watching us and the many whispers about us. To be honest it's kinda cool to have that recognition. I'm not saying I need it or will obsess over it but to have it once in my life is pretty nice. I saw Connor when I was walking down the hallway, he looked sad almost. That's not very usual for him, I'll have to check up on him later. Sometimes I feel bad for him. He always helps me with my dating problems but he never goes on any dates really. He does sometimes from time to time but he's never had a solid girlfriend. Luckily for him I know a girl who likes him, maybe I can get him a date.