Chapter 24

A/N: Okay so flashbacks will be in italics and I'll say when they begin and end in case you get confused as to why there are paragraphs of italics at a time.

~Bethany's POV~:
Connor and I went to a park the next day after school to just walk around. It was peaceful. It was good just to be able to talk to him since I had avoided him for so long. We just walked hand-in-hand down the paved trail.

Connor suddenly steered us off the path and through the trees. "Connor where are we going?" I asked as he tugged my wrist to move with him through the forest.

"I want to show you something." He replied, still working through the branches and weeds all around us.

After about ten minutes we were in an open area with tall grasses. It was completely surrounded by trees making it hidden and secretive. "Connor...this is beautiful." I said. I looked around me at the tall trees that bordered the secluded area. It was pretty cool.

"Yeah I found it a few days after you told me that you couldn't love me anymore..." He said softly. The memory still hurt him. It still hurt me.

*Flashback*

It was the day after I told Connor about my inability to love him...I'm just lying in bed crying my eyes out. My mom kept coming to check up on me to see if I was okay. I kept saying I was but I'm not. I'm not fine at all.

After crying for ages I decided to get out. To actually do something instead of thinking about the two boys I hurt and my broken heart. Why am I such an idiot? I grabbed my purse and fixed my makeup a bit. By now it's pitch black outside but I don't care. I need to clear my mind.

I managed to get to a park near my house. It was the same one Derek walked me in on our first date. That thought ran through my mind and I collapsed to the ground. I just sat there crying once again, leaning against a tree. I curled up into a ball and let out all of the tears I could. Why does this hurt so much more then it usually does?

*Flashback Ends*

Connor was shaking me asking if I was okay. I guess I had zoned out...I just nodded in response since I didn't want to trouble him with the painful memory. I hated those two months. They were so...lonely. I just need to put them behind me.

I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt Connor's cold thumb wiping the tears from my face. He pulled me into a hug. "Beth what's wrong?" He asked into my ear softly.

He pulled away from me to look at my tear-stained face but still held onto my shoulders. "I was just thinking about those two months...how lonely I was. I was wondering why it hurt so much more then it usually does...but I just realized why. You weren't there to get be through the pain because I pushed you away. I didn't have you there and it's all my fault..." I muttered.

Connor just squeezed my shoulders, "Hey it's okay. Don't think about that and don't think it's your fault okay? You just did what you had to do at the time to stop yourself from even more pain. You still hurt but it would've been worse if you hadn't done what you had. Just don't worry or think about the past..."

I nodded faintly. My hands wrapped around his neck and his hands slid down to my waist. He leaned down to kiss me. Once our lips touched they moved in sync. The kisses were gentle and soft.

Suddenly Connor pulled away and ran over to an old abandoned car that was nearly hidden by the tall grasses. He climbed up on top of it and urged me to join him. I did. Once we got to the top we just sat there and let our feet dangle over the side of the car. Connor's arm slid back around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I leaned my head against his shoulder as we watched the faint sun set. It was beautiful. The bright oranges and pinks filled the sky.

It was perfect.
--------------------------------------------
A/N: Hey guys!!! Last update of the day and possibly for a few days. I have homework to do and I have to go back to school tomorrow...sigh. Thanks for over 100 votes!!! That means a lot.

Okay I have to go but I love you all and thanks :)

~Anna <3