My birthday date

It was 7.50 the next morning. I was woken by my phone vibrating from underneath my pillow.
Hi, fancy me taking you out later on today for a birthday meal, just the two of us?
It was a text of Lucas. I read it and my face lit up.
He wanted to take me on a date. Ekkkk.
Rapidly I responded
Yes that would be great!
A few minutes later I got a reply
Ok Ri see you at 6
6!! He was picking me up at 6! I couldn't wait.
It was 7.14 in the morning. I couldn't sleep because the excitement was killing me. I got out of bed, slipped on my fluffy cream slippers and quietly tip toed down stairs.
To my surprise my mum was also awake. She had her dressing gown on and was sitting on the sofa facing the TV.
"Mum??" I questioned to check it was her and that she wasn't going insane
"Oh Riley, hi come sit down."
It was her, she wasn't going insane.
"Mum I have. Something to tell you."
"Go on..." She sat up and turned to face me.
I took a deep breath.
"Lucas is taking mea out on a date tonight"
I said it. It was simple. Easy. Easier than I thought. I smiled.
My mum smiled.
"Oh Riley! I so happy for you. Are you looking forward to it?"
I didn't know what to say. I nodded.
"Ooooo!!! remember mine and your father's first date. He took me to the local night club, we had a slow dance, he bought me a flower, he was so romantic. Look at him now." I smiled.
"You'll have a great time sweetie."
My mum approved of me going. I'm so happy.the day seemed to pass incredibly fast and before I knew it, the time was 4 o'clock.
I had picked out my purple top, black mini skirt, black heeled boots and my leather jacket to wear for our date.
It took me a hour fifteen minutes to jump in the shower, put on my clothes and curl my hair, and do my make up.
I looked at myself in the mirror.
"I'm ready"
Al of a sudden I felt someone touch my shoulder.
"Make theropod your own" my dad whispered mp down my ear. I turned to face him.
"Thanks dad. I will"
He smile at me.
The door rebellion rang that sudden moment.
"Riley. Your boy friend is here!!" My little. Rather Auggie screamed from downstairs.
"You'd better b ps on your way" my dad ordered.
I took a deep breath and made my way downstairs.
Lucas was wearing a black suit and red tie, his hair was flicked to one side and his smile was just about as bright as normal.
"Hey" Lucas said.
"Hi"
My mum and dad stood next to one another with their arms wrapped round each other.
"You ready?" Lucas questioned
"Sure"
"Have fun" my mum said
"Bring her home before midnight" my dad joked about with Lucas.
"Will do, you don't need to worry sir."

I walked down the corridor of my house to the front door, Lucas opened the door
"After you ma lady."
He made me feels so warm and happy inside. I looked at the floor and smiled whilst walking through the door.

Lucas had parked where he normal does. Round the corner of my house. We were walking side my side. I felt his hand skim my leg every so often. I looked at him. He held my hand. I held his.