Congratulations

In the hospital
16 year old POV

It was hard. Listening to the beep matching beeping away. I just preyed it wouldn't stop.

Everything was quiet. A few doctors came in and out, asking me questions about in incident, checking Riley over. But no one had come over to see Riley. I knew Lucas was on his way but it was taking him a log time to arrive and her parents hadn't even replied.

I almost drifted to sleep when I heard footsteps rushing towards the room. A tall out of breath man hurried through the door. He walked over to the bed.
"Riley!" He shouted out. He went on his knees and held her hand tightly in his own.
"She can't hear you" I muttered.
"Oh" he gulped "I'm so glad you called 999" he said
"It's my pleasure. She fainted in front of me. I was worried."

Then more people arrived.
"Mr Mrs Mathews" the tall man greeted.
"There she is" he spoke again after shaking their hands.
They all walked round the bed. I heard a quiet wine. The man rapped his arm round the woman.
"Oh Riley" he said
"This is the man who called the ambulance" Lucas said and pointed towards me.
"Thank you thank you" the man said coming over to shake me hand.
"It's my pleasure sir"
The woman hugged me afterwards.
Everything went quiet and settled down a little.

Soon a doctor came into the room.
"Yes doctor" Lucas rose to his feet.
"Hello. Doctor Peters" he shook everyone's hand.
"I have some important information for you all." I heard Lucas take a deep gulp before the doctor continued.
"I'm not sure if your all aware but when Riley collapsed she had a pregnancy test in her hand." The older woman and man look at one another and Lucas's month drop. "And from the tests we've done it's come out positive" it went silent for a while.
"Congratulations" then he walked out.