Telling my family

Once mum pulled Auggie off from round me, I hugged mum and dad then we all made our way to the kitchen.
"So then, you looked after my girl?" My dad said joking about with Lucas
"Yes sir" Lucas said before heading my hand and resting them on my knee.
"You had girl Riley?" My mum asked me
"Yes! First we went to a post restraint and had a old wonky waiter and had a superb gigantic meal, then Lucas surprised me with a sleep in this romantic ruby red hotel room, then the next morning we had massive pancakes and,..."
I saw my mum and dad make eye contact and smiled at one another whilst I was still speaking.
"and then he took me to the middle of no where, where we went on a swan pedal boat, we fell in but that didn't matter, then we had an afternoon tea in this cottage lodge at the bottom of this fairytale garden!!"
"Sounds fun" my mum said with a massive given on her face.
"You did alllll...that and I just stayed in with Mr Googly!!" Auggie interrupts
We all giggle, my dad pats Aiggie on the head and Auggie flattens his hair then runs off to his room.
Lucas gives me a look. I assumed he was wanting me to tell them about London. I dunno know how to put it.
"Mum, dad I have something else to tell you"
My dad sits up to show he's paying attention.
I took a deep breath
"Lucas has invited me to go with him and his family to London in a months time!" I gripped Lucas's hand tightly as we waited to see what my mum dad dad were going to say...