Chapter 21: Meeting FC

Laurance made his way down the school hallways, a confident bounce in every step he took. He hadn't seen Aphmau in quite some time, so he was excited to meet up with her at lunch. As he was about to turn a corner, he heard voices and they were discussing Aphmau. He saw the ears and figured they were from her werewolf class. Curiosity taking over logic in his head, he stood behind the corner to listen.

"I still can't believe Aphmau and Aaron are dating," said the boy.

"It's about time the alpha male and female were dating. This will be the first time the alphas are actually dating in forever!"

"What the?" Laurance whispered to himself.

"Are you kidding?" the boy replied. "This is the first time the alphas are human too! I'm just glad their personalities are feisty."

"He even grabbed her tail the other day! So cute!"

"She let him grab her tail?" Laurance asked himself. Why would she let him do that? "That means... No."

"By the way, where did you get confirmation they were dating?" the boy asked.

"I can just tell," answered the girl.

Laurance left before he heard any more of the subject. He couldn't believe Aphmau didn't tell him. Especially after he had kissed her.

"But don't act like you know what you're talking about," he told her. The girl growled at him and shoved him. The two began to fight while Laurance ran, searching for Garroth.

Garroth stood at his locker, trading books around when Laurance came up behind him, panting heavily. "Garroth, there you are," he said. "I need to talk to you about Aphmau."

"Yeah, you better start talking," Garroth said angrily.

"I think she's seeing--"

"How could you kiss her and not tell me?! Especially after our first date!"

"What the--What are you talking about? Wait, your first date? You mean you dated her?"

"Of course I did! But you had to come along and--"

"Wait, you dated her?! Behind my back? Dude, you knew how I felt about her."

Garroth sighed. "Wait, did she tell you about our kiss?"

"She kissed you?" All anger was gone from his tone. Now he only felt betrayal and pain.

"Laurance, look. I'm sorry. I should have said something to you earlier, but I had strong feelings for her and I--"

"Look. I don't wanna get into details about this. I think we're both being played here."

"Are you sure? She's--"

"I mean, she's seeing someone else. Aside from us."

"What? Who?"

"Aaron."

"The delinquent? Y-You're kidding me! How do you know this?"

"I've heard students talking about it. And she didn't tell either of us about either kiss. How can we trust she's been telling us the truth?"Fas shorts were at just the right length, showing off his gorgeous baseball calfs.

"Garroth! Oh, there you are. I think Laurance might be going through something. He--huh?" She stopped, noticing that he wasn't paying any attention to her whatsoever. "Garroth?" she called again. "Hey, Garroth! Would you look at me?"

"Aphmau, I've... heard some things. I believe Laurance has too." He remained in the same position, not facing her. He couldn't. Not after what he was told.