Chapter 1: Home

A.N: Yes,,, We're starting with a Beetlejuice fanfic- The whole bettlejuice story is something I vaguely know about but uhhh as I said, OOC owo;;;
——————————————————————————

    The sun shines through the trees as you walk up to your new home. You sigh out of relief. It's been months since you came back from traveling the world for a whole two year. It's been hectic, but fun! You've learned so many things and experienced a various amount of cultures throughout your trip. But homesickness eventually caught up to you, and here you are back in your old neighborhood. The house you bought was a bit old and run down, but cozy nonetheless. It felt nice being back, after spending most of your childhood here, you feel right at home.

"God, does it feel good to be back!" You stretch your arms behind your head and look around.

To your right, your best friend Sally's house from years ago, now it's owned by a cute couple and their rowdy children. In front of your home is the house that used to belong to "crazy old lady". You're friends  would go camping behind your home and tell wild stories about how she was a witch, but you knew different. She was a sweet lady, she just didn't like kids that much. To your right, was a very particular house. It used to be the home of a sweet couple, the Maitlands. As a kid,
you would visit their house often. They would babysit you while your parents went to work. Some of your most favorable childhood memories came from being with them. Sadly, your family had to move due to work, and recently the Maitlands died.

"I miss them," you whisper to yourself as you look at the old, now a bit dilapidated home. You remember that a new family lives there now, a husband and wife and their, from what you heard, "peculiar" daughter. "Maybe we can be friends..." you thought to yourself.

Shaking your head to bring yourself back into focus, there's no time for those thoughts yet when you still have work to do and things to unpack.

Still, the house you used to play at all the time never left your mind...