Chapter 1.3: Pests

A.N: I'm baby and have someone else here helping me writing a tiny bit-

Shred cheese: 👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌
——————————————————————————
After hearing all the pans banging each other I decided to say where I was and respect their privacy because I ain't dealing with any of  whatever the hell happened there.
Delia walks back into the room with her daughter. "My husband will be down in a minute, he has things to take care of."  We sit down and looked at me, "so, how are you?"
I look at them with a forced smile, "Good, good!"

"But you guys don't have..." Delia and Lydia look at you expectantly. "Pests, do you?"

They sat there in silence.

"Huh?"

"Not Turing to be mean or anything!" You said in a panic. "It's just, you guys are renovating and I heard some stuff falling in the kitchen I think."

"Oh!" Delia laughed nervously. "Yes, pests! The many problems of fixing your house, haha!" She looked at Lydia.
"Could you go check on, y'know...?"

Lydia nodded, "I got it."

Delia let out a sigh of relief. "Sorry about that, haha! Rodents! Y'know?"

You smiled, "Don't worry, I won't judge!"

You both talked about various topics and quickly forgot about the ruckus that was made in the kitchen. Lydia came back and quickly joined the conversation. You complemented her clothes and she grinned at you. Seems like she's enjoying your company.

"Is she still here?"

You here a voice from coming down from upstairs.

"Charles! Come meet the new neighbor!" Delia shouted.

"Coming!" He responded.

Walking into the room, Charles looked at you and smiled. "Welcome to the neighborhood!" He shook your hand.

The room was filled with lively chatter after that. Talks about this and that surrounded the room and you felt comfortable with the Deetz family. You did hear the kitchen make noises again, but you decided to ignore it. Not your house, not your problem!

Right?

Time passed quickly, and soon you all realized how it late it got.

"Aw geez, it's night already?" You mumbled. "But I was having so much fun."

"You should go home an rest, Y/N," Delia replied. "It's nice having you around though!"

"Yeah, it's pretty late," Charles added.

"You're right, I should go," you began grabbing your stuff to go. "Thank you for having me!"

"You're welcome!" they grinned. "Come visit us again soon."

"Alright!"

You walked out the door, feeling refreshed and pleased with yourself. They seem nice! Kinda weird, but pretty cool! The night sky was beautiful, and the streets were quiet. But you couldn't get the feeling of something following you off your back...

Maybe it's those rats from the kitchen.