Chapter 2.2: Thoughts

At Lydia's school...

Lydia was eating lunch outside while Beetlejuice was just floating around.

"Hey Beej," Lydia said as she ate

Beetle turned around and faced her.

"Yeah Lyd?"

"You've been oddly quiet, are you ok?"

"Hm?" He turned away. "Yeah, just thinking about something."

"Well ain't that new," Lydia snickered. "Didn't know you were capable of anything other than being creepy"

Beetlejuice gave her an exaggerated face of shock.

"Lydia! How dare you! You call me creepy?! I thought we were the best of friends!" He cried out

Lydia laughed, "You being creepy is cool haha!"

Bettlejuice then smirked. "That's the fun part of me."

Lydia agreed.

"Anyways, I haven't really seen you think about something so hard in a while. Stuff usually doesn't bother you most of the time. What is it?"

"Eh, nothing much"

"Is it about Y/N?"

He froze up, but quickly relaxed his shoulders.

"Psh, no way."

Lydia didn't believe him one bit. "Do you feel bad about scaring them?"

"No actually! It was pretty fun~" he cackled.

"Seeing their face turn in disgust made my day!"

"Geez you're weird!" She laughed.

"Heheh, yeah."

Beetlejuice began thinking again.

Being with Y/N is fun. Especially when they give me such a dastardly look~ Although, they did look really upset...

He began to worry until he smacked himself in the face.

The hell's wrong with me?! When did I ever care about their feelings? Ech, looks like the Maitlands' lovey dovey nature is rubbing off on me. Gotta think of something else now.

He processed to float around looking for some bugs eat.

——————————————————————————
Closing time at work...

You waved goodbye to Katy while Michel stayed to help finish cleaning up.

The room was quiet and you both didn't say a thing the whole time. But it didn't bother you, you seemed more comfortable being around him like this, wether your talked or not.

When all the cleaning was done, you grabbed your stuff.

"Hey, Y/N?" Michel called out.

You were about to walk out the door when your turned your head toward him.

"Yeah?"

"Uhm, I hope you don't mind but," he blushed a bit and fiddled with his fingers.

"Want to hang out tomorrow afternoon?"

——————————————————————————
A.N. : I finished this like a minute ago and should wait till next week to upload but I'm filled with chaotic energy at 1 am and want to make you mad at someone in the story so ;) have fun with that