Chapter 1.7: Trust

Finally...

You reach your house. There she was, Lydia, standing on your porch. She looks at you and waves. You wave back as you exit your car.

"Sorry about the wait!" You say as you walk up to her.

"It's alright!" She stood up and waited for you to open the door.

You both head in. "Make yourself comfortable! I'll be back in a minute."

"Ok, I will."

As you put all your stuff away you hear Lydia speaking to someone again.

"Are you sure you're going to do this?...." she whispered.

No one responded, but Lydia kept on talking. "Don't blame me if-" you couldn't make out the rest of the words she was saying. You waited for her to say more, but nothing happened.

"Y/N?" Lydia calls out. "Are you ok?"

You scrambled back to Lydia. "Yes! I'm ok."

"I was worried something happened to you for a sec."

You laugh it off. "Anyways, let's go upstairs to my bedroom. You can look at the mess up there."

You take Lydia up to your room. It was mostly clean (thank goodness), other than the obscure words written on your walls. You walked up to the engravings and touched them. Nothing has changed, so why does everything seem... cold?

Lydia entered the room and looked around.

"So, what do you think?" You ask her.

Her back was turned to you and she stood there in silence.

"Y/N..." Lydia said in a quiet tone. "Do you believe in demons?"

Demons? What?

"What do you mean?" You looked at her, a bit terrified.

Lydia looked directly at you and a chill runs up your spine. "Do you trust me?"

"...what?"

The air around you froze and you went silent.

"Do you trust me?"