Chapter 1.10: Dirt

You groan. "Yeah right. As if I check out the guy who ruined my walls and dresses like dirt."

Beetlejuice acted offended. "Me? Like dirt?" He gave you a "shocked" expression.

Lydia rolled her eyes, "Insults don't work on him Y/N."

"So he's gross and he likes it?"

"You got that right, sweetheart."

You cringe. "Definitely not what I expected in a demon."

"Well, what did you expect."

"Something scary, but instead I got..." you look him up and down again. "This..."

"Were you expecting more?"

"Honestly, I have no idea. But it definitely not this."

Beetlejuice actually seemed a bit upset. "How could not expect something as great as me, babes? I'm the ghost with the most~"

You were getting sick of him talking. You gave Lydia a "help me" look and she nodded.

"I think we're done here Beej." Lydia butted in.

"Aw, ok." He pouted and snapped his fingers. Within seconds, he was gone in a puff of smoke.

You walk up to Lydia, and with a concerned voice only a mother could really make, you ask "Why do you hang out with that thing?"

Lydia shrugged, "He helps me with stuff."

"But he's a demon???"

"He helps me with homework."

"He looks like a drug dealer."

"He protects me from bad guys."

"He looks like a bad guy."

Lydia went quiet and then nodded.

"Yeah, he kinda is," Lydia admitted.

"Huh?! How?" You question her.

"You better sit down for this one," she sat down on your bed and motioned you to sit by her.

You take a seat and spent the rest of the night listening to Lydia's wild story of pain, death, and a funky pervert ghost man. After that, it was time to go and Lydia left to go home. As Lydia left, you contemplated what the hell you just heard. Lydia is still friends with that guy, even after the mess he made.

And it seems he plans on making a mess out of your life as well.