Chapter two- the drive

It's been about ten minutes since we left home I know we're gonna be driving for a while so I put on my ear phones and turned on my phone, and of course as soon as I start to do something my mom starts taking, "can you pass me the directions please?" "yup" I said as I handed her the directions, she kept looking at the directions then back at the road about ten times till she put the directions back down. Then I put my headphones back on a turned on my phone, again, I opened iTunes and scrolled through my many songs until I came across one that I wanted to listen to, unpredictable by five seconds of summer, i pressed play and turned up the volume. I stared out my window, like I do whenever I'm in a car, I'm not claustrophobic or anything but it's just what I do. A few more minutes hade passed on it felt like hours. I decided to stop my music and then I started to complain "how much longer?" "We'll be at the airport in five minutes." my mom continued to drive, I heard blink 182 on the radio so I turned it up. "no" my mom said, and changed the station. I shrugged my shoulders and looked back out my window and then I realized how many YouTube videos I was going to be missing "ugh" I groaned. "what" my mom questioned. "nothing." I replied, "ok" my mom reached in her purse, keeping her eyes on the road, an pulled out a chocolate bar, " there's another one in there if you want it." she told me, "no thanks, I'm good" I looked out the window again and I saw the airport, my mom turned into the parking lot of the air port, we both unbuckled our seat belts, "mom?" "What?" "how is our stuff gonna get there?" i asked, "the moving truck" my mom answered. "wait there gonna drive all that time??" I questioned again. "Kiersten, there getting payed" my mom said. " well I know that" I replied. My mom grabbed her purse and took the keys out of the car. "ready?" she questioned me. I didn't answer, I just grabbed my bag and got out of the car. As we were walking towards the entrance I saw a group of teens from my school, they were smoking. They saw me and one guy whispered something to the other guy, obviously I couldn't hear, but then they all started laughing, he probably said something mean about me, as usual. When we got inside the air port I headed to the bathroom and my mom went to pick up our tickets that she had reserved. After I was done in the bathroom I washed my hands and looked at myself in the mirror, "I can understand why people don't like me" I half whispered to myself. I finished up and went back to join my mom in the waiting area. "were flight number 210" she told me. "Kay" I replied. my mom started to read as I continued to sit there fiddling with my fingers. The speakers in the air port turned on "Flight 210 is now boarding". My mom shoved her book back in her purse and stood up "lets go" she said waking towards the door that read '210' we both stood in line be hind the other people that were boarding this flight, we patiently waiting until it was our turn. We got to the front of the line where the lady taking the tickets was standing, my mom handed her the tickets and smiled, the worker smiled back and said "here you are, enjoy your flight" "thank you" my mom replied, as we both boarded the plane, my mom looked down at both of our tickets to figure out where we were supposed to be sitting.