twentyfive.

_

when troye woke up he seemed... at peace? it was weird. usually when he'd wake up he would feel heavy as if his body carried the world, and in a way it did.

but today he didnt feel like that, he felt okay.

the young prince rolled over on his side he say jacob facing him, he was asleep. he reached out reluctantly and put his hands through jacob's chocolate brown curls.

"you're... up early," jacob said as he stirred awake.

troye looked at him.

"are you okay, i know last night was a lot with the vatican coming and it was draining."

troye cupped the side of his face. "i'm fine, just... happy?"

jacob rests his head on his hand. "you don't sound sure."

"it's just... i don't remember waking up and feeling this content."

it was silent for a minute before a quiet knock was on the door. one of the servants bowed her head before stepping in. troye jumped slightly which startled the servant.

"forgive me i didn't mean to intrude your majesties."

jacob sits up. "you needn't worry we were just talking. are we needed."

she shakes her head. "no, i just wanted to tell you that lady rose is here."

"ah, tell her we'll be down in a minute."

the servants bows her head before leaving. once she did jacob rolled out of bed and turned to face troye who was still lying in bed.

"rose," troye said. "isn't she dead?"

jacob laughed. "are you sure you aren't running a fever. of course she isnt dead, she just had her daughter not to long ago remember."

"oh," troye said getting up. "right."

the two got ready in a comfortable silence both of them dressing in their royal grab. as they did troye stole glances. he was wearing something similar except the colors were opposite of his own. once the two of them were dressed jacob opened the door and the two headed for the throne room.

as they did troye looked around and noticed that there was barely any sign of his uncle. it was weird and oddly enough, he didn't like it.

"there you guys are i was wondering when the two if you might be down. rose brought her baby and must i say she is cute." queen laurelle says as he and shaun walk up to the two boys.

troye looked between his parents and jacob. they didn't say anything about them coming down together, or the fact that they were in similar clothes. it made troye feel uneasy, why was everything so... perfect.

"i think troye might be coming down with something," jacob said. "he thought rose was dead."

shaun walks up to troye and raises his hand. troye prepared for the blow hut flinched when shaun pressed the back of his hand on the young princes forehead.

"no fever..." shaun said. "probably just tired."

"well come on let's go i dont want to keep rose waiting." laurelle says slightly nudging everyone into the throne room.

once they were in there rose and a man much taller than troye turned around. in roses hands was a pink little bundle.

troye walked up to her. he looked down at the baby girl, over at jacob and then his family.