3.You're Not Outgoing Enough

After a Dominic went home last night I realized that my list was gone. That only meant one thing, he took it.

I checked every trash can in the house so that was the only possibility.

He found out I lied to him again. Great.

Today he missed the bus completely, the lights weren't even on at his house.

Maybe he was so mad at me that he didn't even want to come to school?

I don't need the list anymore though, I have it memorized, and today I'm going to try to be more outgoing. Which is easier said than done since I'm super shy.

I just have to get Johnny to change his mind. He is the cutest guy I've ever seen.

I had first and fourth period with Johnny, which means I need to do most of the talking there.

On my way to my locker I search the hall for Dominic wondering if I should message him. I'm sure he doesn't want to talk to me.

I grabbed my books for math and headed to the class room. I sat down at my seat towards the middle of the room. I started to get a little nauseous at the thought of being more outgoing today. What does that even mean? Answer more questions in class, talk to other kids more, disrupt class with stupid comments? Your guess is as good as mine.

It didn't take long for the class to fill up and we still had five minutes till the bell. I decided to jump into action.

I looked over at Johnny, who was talking to his friend Aiden. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, turning to the girl beside me.

Holly Hills, she was one of the nicest girls in our class. She had glasses with dark, thick rims and a smile brighter than several light bulbs. She's a good person to start with.

I glanced at Johnny one more time before beginning my plan.

"Hi Holly, are you ready for class?"

She turned and gave me one of her bright smiles.

"Not at all, I'm never ready for math. What about you?"

"Same as you, I'd rather stab myself in the hand."

She giggled at my comment.

"I'm sure it would get you out of class."

"Probably not but it's worth a try."

Just then I felt my phone vibrate. Holly was already bored of the conversation anyway so I was thankful to pull my phone out.

Dominic: WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME I MISSED THE BUS?

I scrunched up my face as I read the message.

I guess I should've messaged him.

Sakaya: I didn't know if I should or not

Dominic: I'm just fucking with you love :P

Dominic: I gotta go, see you later.

I stared at the message he had sent me. Love?

I didn't have much time to question it because the classroom door opened and our teacher came in.

~

By the time lunch came about I was exhausted. I had answered several questions in math, getting all of them wrong and embarrassing myself. Johnny of course did not notice my efforts at all. Then in my fourth period class, we had to present on a class project. I did the most talking and then, once again, Johnny did not notice.