Chapter fourty-one

Caitlin's P.O.V

Today I though was going to be a good day, but I thought wrong.

It was Saturday 4th April 2014. I got out of bed at around 10am. I made my way downstairs and no one was down. I was surprised because dad and lily were both down at around this time. So I went back upstairs.

I knocked on my dads door. No answer. I quietly opened the door to see my dad in bed. I creeped over and his body was blue. He was dead.

"NO!" I screamed and collapsed down by his side.

"What's wrong Caity?" lily said as she walked into the bedroom.

"Lily please can you do me a massive favour and go next door to the boys and tell them to come here?" I asked her and off she ran down the stairs and next door.

I was left alone holding y dead dads hand. Why do bad things always happen to me? I mean I lost my mum, nearly lost brad and now I've lost my dad.

James P.O.V

I was woken up by someone banging on the door. I jumped out off bed and rushed down stairs. I opened the door and lily was stood there, looking scared.

"James, come here" She said as dragged my arm.

"BOYS COME DOWN NOW!" I shouted up and seconds later they all ran downstairs and joined us by the door.

"What's wrong?" Brad asked lily.

"It's caitlin, she's crying" She replied. Me and the boys looked at each other and gulped.

"Okay" I said and went round next door.

Caitlin's P.O.V

James, Brad, Connor and Tristan all ran into my dad's room and stood still when they saw me. They looked at me then to my dad and back to me before rushing over to me and engulfing me in a hug.

"I'll take lily downstairs and ring the ambulance" James said.

"Yeah me and tris will go with them" Connor said. Just me and brad were left.

"Why do bad things happen to me?" I asked brad in between sobs.

"I don't know beautiful, but I do know that you are the strongest person I know. You will get through this. You've got me and the boys" Brad said and kissed me.

"Thanks" I replied and sunk into his chest.

Minutes, which felt like hours, the room was soon filled with paramedics trying to revive him. But sadly they couldn't.

"I'm sorry darling but your dad has been dead for a few hours" A paramedic said to me.

"What will happen now?" I asked.

"Well we will take his body away and then you ring us when you have organised the funeral and got everything sorted" The paramedic replied.

I nodded and off they took my dad.

"Bye dad" I whispered.

"Ssshhhh baby, it'll be okay" Brad said to me as he cradled me into his arms.

I just sat there crying. I was surprised anymore tears could come out. I stood up and went to my bedroom and locked the door. I slid down the door and did the only thing that could take the pain away. Self-harm. I spotted something shiny on the window sill so I picked it up and started cutting.

"Baby let me in please" Brad begged from the other side of the door, for like the millionth time.

I opened the door and he rushed in. He saw the cuts on my arms and fell down next to me.

"Baby. Why? This doesn't help" He said sounded a bit annoyed.

I stayed silent. Not wanting to talk. I just want to go to bed and sleep all this away. Or best of all I just want to wake up from this nightmare. My tears calmed down and brad lifted me into my bed. I snuggled down and closed me eyes.

"Me and the boys will stay down stairs with lily and we'll stay the night" Brad said before cupping my face in his hands and giving me a kiss.

"I love you brad" I replied.

"I love you to princess" He replied. Brad stood up and walked out the room.

Brads P.O.V

This must be the hardest time she's ever had to go through. But I know she can get through it because she is the strongest person I know.

"She's in bed. I said that we will stay the night" I said, as I joined them all in the living room.

"Yeah" They replied.

I hope that she has settled down tomorrow because it pains me to see her like this especially when I saw her self-harming. She can use me as her personal punch bag, I would prefer that then physically harm herself.