Chapter Three

Chapter Three

The coach blew his whistle and clapped his hands, after he had finish talking to us about what he had planned for the semester.

“Ok I want you to break up into two even teams we’re going to play a quick game of dodge ball,”  Coach Ryan shouts out

The entire room groans.

Aaron and Zoe stood up and made their way to the middle of the gym where everyone else was standing. Holly came up beside Aaron wrapping her hand around his arm.

“I want to be on your team so you can protect me.” She says in a flirtatious voice.

Aaron lifts her hands off his arm while scanning the crowd for his mate.

“Holly what are you doing over there? Scarlett asks as she approaches them. “Oh hey Aaron” She says turning her scowl on her face to a smile when she notices Aaron next to Holly. “Our team is over there,” Scarlett says pointing behind her. “You coming Aaron?” She asks.

“Er yeah I will be there in a minute. Go on ahead without me.” He tells her.

Scarlett looks at Aaron for a moment then pouted her lips "ok, don't be too long" She grabbed hold of  Holly's arm and walked off leaving Aaron with Zoe.

“Man those girls are annoying,” He mumbles to Zoe.

Zoe just laughs at him before she sees a familiar person standing at the back of the other group. She taps Aaron on the shoulder and points to where the girl was standing.

“Let’s go on that team,” Aaron says as soon as he sees it’s his mate that Zoe is pointing too.

They make their way across the courts to the opposite team Scarlett and Holly are on.

“Hey Aaron where are you going? Your team is over here.” Scarlett shouts at him.

Aaron looks at her “I decided I wanted to be on this team.”

Before Scarlett could say anything else, the coach blew his whistle “Begin” The coach yelled.

Balls started to fly everywhere Aaron walked behind his group dodging a few balls that were about to hit him, stopping when he reaches his mate side. He watched as she stood there staring at the ground not paying any attention to the game going on. The people in front of them where taken out so Aaron his mate and Zoe where now in the front row. He watched as Scarlett got an evil look in her eyes and threw the ball at his mate, letting out a small growl at the thought of her trying to hurt his mate, he quickly moved in front of her and caught the ball. He watched as Scarlett’s smile slipped off her face.

"Aw you should of let it hit the freak" Scarlett said to Aaron

Zoe tapped Aaron on his arm “Give the ball to me,” She said.

He passed the ball to Zoe who then threw the ball in the direction of Scarlett, he watched as the ball sailed through the air and connected to her face, her head flew back from the force of the ball. Zoe burst out laughing as she watches Scarlett scream in pain while she held her nose.

"Nice" Aaron said congratulating her on a perfect throw.

"Eh i was hoping to knock her to the ground," Zoe said with a shrug "lets hope her nose is broken"

The coach blew his whistle putting a stop to the game so he could check on Scarlett’s injuries. Aaron looked down at his mate trying to think of something to say to her.

He settled with “Hey” He waited for a response but when all his mate did was stand there and look at the ground he started talking again. “I’m Aaron and that’s my friend Zoe,” he said pointing to Zoe, which his mate didn’t see because she was still staring at the ground.
“Er where new here.” Zoe rolled her eyes at Aaron’s lame ass attempt to talk to the girl.