Chapter Fifty Five

Chapter Fifty Five

Aaron walked in to the lounge room to take a closer look at the window Ryder and Ben who had just came up from the basement walked in behind him.

Ryder let out a loud whistle. “That tree sure did some damage.”

Aaron looked at Ryder and rolled his eyes. “Thanks for that observation caption obvious, now tell me how are we going to fix the window so we can stop any more rain from coming in?”

Ben scratched his chin. “If we can pull the tree back out then maybe we can find a tarp big enough to tape to the window.”

Aaron nodded his head. “That’s not a bad idea.”

“I think I might have a tarp big enough in the boot of my car.” Ryder said.

“Ok, why don’t you go check?” Aaron said.

Ryder jogged out of the room just as Chloe walked in. “Hey” She said walking up beside him.

“Hey” He said frowning at her. “Shouldn’t you be down stairs with our boys?” He asked her.

“Yeah…..I kind of need to talk to you, well your mum and I do.” Chloe said biting her lip.

Aaron groaned. “Can it wait? I kind of have to block that window up to stop the rain from coming in,”

“Oh yeah sure.” She said, Chloe turned around to leave the room when Ben spoke up.

“Where right here man, Ryder and I can handle the window, go talk to your mum and Chloe.”

Aaron let out a deep breath. “You’re sure?” He asked Ben.

“Yeah, we’ll be fine.”

Aaron turned around to face Chloe. “Ok well looks like we can have that talk now, where do you want to have it?” He asked her.

Chloe shrugged. “How about your office?” She asked him.

Aaron nodded “Sure.”

“Can you let your mum know through the mind link where to meet us?” Chloe asked him as they walked out of the room.

“Mum” Aaron said through the mind link. “Chloe said you and her need to talk to me?” Aaron asked his mother.

“That’s right Aaron, are you ready now?” She asked him through the mind link.

“Yeah Chloe and I are heading to my office so meet us there.”

“Ok, I’m on my way” Lucy told him.

Aaron looked at Chloe as they reached his office door, “She said she’s on her way now.”

Chloe just nodded her head at him. He could tell by her posture that she was nervous the look in her eyes made her look scared.

He opened the door and gestured for Chloe to enter first.

They walked into Aaron’s office. “Did you want to sit?” Aaron asked Chloe.

Chloe just shook her head.

“So want to give me a heads up on what this is about?” He asked Chloe

“No, not really.” She said softly.

Aaron frowned “Why not?” He asked her.

“Because I know you’re not going to like what your mother has to tell you, and there is a very good chance that your about to get hurt.” She lowered her head and looked at the ground. “Again.’ She said so softly he almost didn’t hear it.