Chapter Forty Eight

Chapter Forty Eight

Aaron walked into his room to find Jane standing at the window staring out side, he closed the door and just stood there for a moment looking at her. He knows she must be feeling just as shocked as he was about his mate's return and even feeling a little scared that Aaron would leave her for his mate. So he found it hard to stay angry with her for what she had said to Chloe. Sighing he made his way over to her, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

“This must be very stressful for you.” He says as he places a small kiss on the side of her head.

He hears her sigh before she turns around and hugs him. “I was kind of hoping that this day would never come.” She murmured into his chest.

Aaron brushed her hair away from her face and placed a soft kiss on the top of her head. “It doesn’t change anything.” He tells her

She pulls back from his chest and looks into his eyes. “She’s your mate, who just so happens to have had your children, how does that not change anything?” She asks.

Aaron let out a deep breath. “I meant it’s not going to change the way I feel about you, about us.” He told her.

She hugged him tighter too her. “I’m happy to hear that, I’m sorry for being insecure.”

Aaron kissed the top of her head “Don’t be sorry, I understand that this must be hard for you, if our roles were reversed I don’t think I would be handling it well.”

Jane let go of Aaron and walked away from him “I guess this means we won’t be having a baby for a long time now that you already have two.” She said.

Aaron walked over to his bed, sat down he put his face in his hands, and rubbed his face. “I don’t think it would be a good idea, I already said we should wait just in case you find your mate.”

“Easy for you to say Aaron you already have two babies.” Jane snapped at him.

“What is it you want me to say Jane? Before today, I didn’t even know I was a father. What is it I can say to you to make you feel better?” He asked, suddenly feeling exhausted with the day’s events.

“I want a baby Aaron.” She said walking over to him and kneeling in front of him. “I have dreamt of the day when I would become a mother,” she said placing a hand on his leg and rubbing it back and forth. “Please don’t make me give up on my dream.” She begged.

Aaron groaned. “I’m not making you give up on your dream, I’m just not ready for us to have a child together.” He tells.

Jane stands up “Fine, if you not going to give me a child that’s fine. You have two healthy boys living under this roof. We can just take the black haired boy and let your mate keep the white haired one. After all the black haired boy is going to be the next Alpha so he needs to stay here with you but you don't need the other one.”

“No!” Aaron said growling, “We will not take either of those boys away from their mother, I don’t ever want to hear you suggest that again. Do you understand me?” Aaron asked his wolf was not happy with her talking about his children as if they were a possession.

“But Aaron” Jane started to beg.

“I said do you understand me?” Aaron asked again, he stood from his bed and took a step towards her.

“Yes” She said softly. “I understand you.” Jane crossed her arms over her chest not happy with the way Aaron was talking to her. “I think I might go for a run and get some fresh air.” She said walking over to the door of the room opening it and slamming it shut behind her.