Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two.

Aaron watched as his mate drove away in a car with some guy he didn't know. His wolf was trying his best to fight for control with Aaron so he could go and stop his mate from going off with another guy. But Aaron wouldn’t concede, he just stood there and watched the vehicle his mate was in drive off slowly down the drive way. “It’s for her own good.” He muttered to himself.

“What’s for her own good?” Aaron turned around to see his mother standing there, he turned back to the window to see the car Chloe left in was long gone.

“Nothing” He muttered.

Lucy walked up to her son and stood beside him. “I’m not going to lecture you again Aaron, That’s all I seem to have done these last few days and it hasn’t done any good. All I want to know is, are you sure you’re doing the right thing?”

“I’m sure” He answered without hesitation. “I will not let history repeat itself, she will be safe living here, the pack will take care of her, she doesn’t need me in her life. Being with me will only put her in danger.”

"Foolish boy" He heard his mother say under her breath.

Aaron sighed his already heard it all before.

Lucy patted him on the arm “You're wrong about that, she needs you now more than ever, but I’m not going to argue with you about it.” Lucy walked away from him. “Lunch is ready by the way.”

“Yeah I will down in a minute.” He heard his mother leave the room, he couldn’t pull his eyes away from the spot where his mate got into some guys car. Sure, he felt jealous at the idea of her spending time with another guy but that wasn’t enough to make him change his mind about the whole situation. He couldn’t be thinking about himself or how much it hurt to walk away from his mate. The only thing that mattered was that she was safe and as long as he stayed away from her, she would stay that way.

Aaron sighed and walked away from the window, he made his way down stairs to the kitchen. His friends were sitting at the table waiting for him.

“Hey Man what took you so long? I nearly died of starvation waiting for you.” Ryder said to him when he sat down at the table across from him.

Zoe slapped Ryder on the arm “Don’t over exaggerate, we've been here five minutes, besides you could do with skipping a few meals anyway.”

Ryder looked at Zoe with his mouth hanging open. “Are you saying I’m fat?”

Ben groaned “Man that was such a chick question.”

Aaron couldn’t help it, he burst out laughing at that, Ella and Zoe joining in.

“Shut up” Ryder grumbled.

“Where’s Chloe?” Ella asked. Causing the whole table to go silent.

“Sorry” She mumbled realising she probably shouldn’t have asked that in front of Aaron.

Aaron shrugged his shoulders. “Don’t know. I saw her getting in a truck with some guy a while ago.”

Zoe frowned. “Who’s truck?”

Aaron shrugged again “Don’t know?”

“Where was she going?” Ella asked.

Aaron shrugged again “Don’t know.”

“Is she well enough to be out of the medical room.” Zoe asked.

“I don’t know” Aaron said through clenched teeth getting annoyed with the constant questions.

He watched as Ella opened her mouth to ask another question. Aaron held his hand up to her to stop her, and said “Ella you probably know just as much, if not more about what’s going on with Chloe than I do. So can you all please stop asking me questions?”