Chapter Forty Four - BEN'S P.O.V

Chapter Forty Four – Ben’s P.O.V

Ben looked at his missing Alpha female and could not believe she was there sitting in front of him.

“Mumm, mumm,” The sound of a small child’s voice pulls him out of his daze he looks at the small child who would be no more than one sat there mumbling out words. He looked at the small boy who had his mother’s white hair and green eyes and felt sick to his stomach. Aaron would die of heartache if he found out Chloe had given birth to another man’s child. He may act like he doesn’t care that Chloe’s gone but Ben knew he really did, the mating bond would never let him forget how much he loved his mate.

But all worries and fears left him as he watched a second child crawl into view, with its jet black hair and dark black eyes there was not a doubt in his mine that, that small boy was Aaron’s. He looked identical to his father.

Ben chocked out a breath “Twins” He said softly.

Remembering he didn’t come here alone he searched for Ella in the mind link. Being so far away from his pack, he was unable to communicate with them through the mind link, but Ella was down stair he was still able to communicate with her.

“Ella you need to come up stairs and see this” he told her.

Ella huffed in his head “I do not need to see you and your mate getting it on. I know what sex looks like Ben”

“Just get up here.” He growled through the mind link.

“Fine” She said sighing in his head.

“Please don’t tell Aaron” Chloe’s words broke him from his daze, he took his eyes off the small boy  and glared at Chloe.

“Why not he deserves to know he has two kids.” Ben growled.

Chloe stood up from the ground and put a hand on her hip “And what do you think his girlfriend would think of that?” She asked. “Did you think of that?” She took a step towards him “I was planning on telling him about them after they were born, after all he is their father but then I heard that he found himself a girlfriend and that he was really happy. How could I show up and risk ruining his happiness after hearing that. So I decided I wouldn’t tell him.”

Ben looked at her shocked “He still has a right to know” He stared at her in disbelief. “That boy there is the future Alpha of the Crystal Lake pack without him the pack has no future.” Ben tells her.

Chloe scoffed “Don’t be so dramatic, I’m sure his girlfriend will end up baring him a child” She told him.

Ben was shocked not to see any hurt cross her face when she spoke of her mate with another woman. He shook his head to clear his thoughts.

“It won’t matter.” He told Chloe. “The Alpha gene is carried to only one child and his sitting right there.” He said pointing a finger at the Aaron look alike. “ Aaron and Jane could have ten kids and they still wouldn’t produce an Alpha.” He says shaking his head at her.

Chloe scrunched her face up “That’s stupid why would that be the case?” She asked

Ben shrugged “Where not really sure some say it’s to stop siblings fighting over the Alpha position.”

Chloe sighed and sat back down on the ground and picked the Aaron look alike off the ground.

“How do you know he has the Alpha gene?” She asked quietly as she held her son in front of him and inspected him for signs of being an Alpha.

“Look at him” he says nodding his head in the direction of the small boy. “He looks exactly like Aaron, just like Aaron looks exactly like his father and his father looked like his, it’s how the Alpha gene works that's how Alpha parents know when they have given birth to an Alpha” He explained.