Unbroken

Skylar's POV

Beep Beep Beep

Ugh turn it off.

Beep Beep Beep

Seriously what is that annoying sound?

Beep Beep Beep

God dammit.

I open my eyes then shut them immediately after I'm blinded by a bright light.

"Turn off the light." I say in a very raspy voice. I hear someone walk then a flick. "Okay it's not super bright anymore Sky." A voice says. I open my eyes and see my mom and dad cuddled on the couch. Demi standing by the light switch, and Maddie curled up sleeping in a chair. I feel something squeeze my hand. I turn my head and see Dallas sitting next to the bed holding my hand.

She smiles and says "Hey baby. How are you feeling?" I feel sick to my stomach. I feel useless. I feel like I'm wasting everyone's time. I feel everyone would be happier if I were dead.

"I'm fine. How's Marissa?" I turned and looked at Demi since she probably knew. And of course, she did.

"She's okay. She's was discharged a week ago." I nodded. I looked down at myself for the first time in days. "How long have I been here?" I look at my mom.

"A month. They were starting to think you weren't gonna wake up. When the cops found you, you were passed out in a pool of your own blood. You had some damage to a couple vital organs. You also have 3 cracked ribs and a hairline fracture in your leg. Last week Demi gave you a pint of blood for 3 days." I nodded again. I didn't feel like talking anymore. I just wanted to go back to sleep.

I turned and looked at Dallas. "Can you lay with me?" She nodded and I slid over to make room for her. She hopped in, careful for all the tubes attached to myself. She wrapped her arms around my stomach. I flinched at the pain and she quickly removed her arm. "A-are you o-okay?" She stuttered. I nodded.

I pulled up my shirt and looked at my rolls of fat. They were covered in bruises and cuts. Dallas grabbed my hand and pulled my shirt back down. "Don't look." I nodded and went back to sleep.

🔵🔴🔵🔴🔵🔴🔵🔴🔵🔴🔵🔴

Dallas's POV

Skylar finally woke up about a week ago and they're letting her go today. I've been here everyday since she woke up.

"You ready to go baby?" I say and look at Skylar's tiny figure. She nodded and grabbed my hand. We walked out of the hospital for the first time in a month. And of course, when we walked out there were paps everywhere, because they thought Skylar was Demi. She hid her head in my arm and continued to walk. When we got to the car, I opened the back door and I crawled in after. The paps started to surround the car, and needless to say, Eddie was beyond pissed. He was cursing under his breath as he tried to back out of the parking space. Finally mom spoke up, "Just run over the bitches. Jeez." I looked at my mom and she was fuming. We finally got out of the parking lot and took off.

We pulled into our driveway and Skylar flew out of the car and into the house. I hurriedly ran in after her and followed her up to her room.

"Sky? What's wrong?" Without even looking at me, she said

"I just wanna be alone, Dallas."

I nodded even though she couldn't see me and walked out. Something is wrong with my baby girl and I'm gonna figure out what.